Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y range question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a very relevant detail for the vast majority of people. I just looked at the 80k base Porsche Electric Macan. It's WAY slower than the performance Model Y and even slower than the AWD Y. Battery charge time isn't relevant for most people as they charge over night at home. Even on trips the super charger network doesn't take that long. It's not worth paying 30k+ extra for. That's for sure.

That is my experience not doing road trips over 250 miles. my Y has been charged 2 times at a supercharger the day I picked it up and after having the car checked after being rear ended and having Tesla install their hitch while at it.
Yeah I want a Tesla that charges fast because they're cheap vehicles and it's going to be important to charge fast to remain competitive.

Fortunately the car I have charges fast enough, but there's not currently a Tesla that will beat it, except possibly the Model 3 Highland or maybe the Model S (which is also very fast especially if it actually had faster chargers available for it).

It's a little sad. It's been 6 years. I didn't think this would be the situation at this point. Waiting for a car that I can buy that's not going to make me wait on it on road trips.

If it doesn't happen I'll have to look elsewhere. Fortunately I'm on the 10-15 year refresh plan.
I wonder if Tesla will implement 800V charging stations like Kia and others can accept.

Isn't the Cybertruck's design capable of 800 Volt charging

Reactions: TheLastDon