Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD 2023 Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I was wondering what you would recommend to do in regards to insurance as no comparison sites I’ve found actually list the RWD spec, I imagine it’d start appearing but maybe not for collection in November.

Any recommendations?

We had similar thing when Model 3 was first introduced into UK. Most insurers only had LHD version so obtained a series of quotes on that and when it came to confirming spec/reg etc, a call to the insurer to get things firmed up and correct spec. It changed the price a little, but gave some indicative pricing. to give an idea of what quotes were worth pursuing.

Any luck with securing insurance for MY RWD? I am effectively told by \directline and Churchill that they can't insure the new Model Y RWD and tesla doesn't seem to care :(

My collection is on \Saturday. Even 1-day insurance providers wouldn't insure ...surely i can't be the only one facing this?

Any luck with securing insurance for MY RWD? I am effectively told by \directline and Churchill that they can't insure the new Model Y RWD and tesla doesn't seem to care :(

My collection is on \Saturday. Even 1-day insurance providers wouldn't insure ...surely i can't be the only one facing this?
No you are not the only one. As suggested by other users, it’s starting to appear on the comparison sites albeit without the results. The only thing you can do is to wait, and worst case scenario is you have to sort it on the day of collection.

I finally managed to get some RWD quotes on Compare The Market Today. Only 4, and all from the Admiral Stable of companies. Mine's on a Company Lease so I won't be the registered keeper, which seems to restrict the offering somewhat, and the price.

That's the good news.

Then at 5 Today I got the dreaded text from Tesla that my delivery due on Monday (21st Nov) has been cancelled and will be rescheduled due to "logistical issues". Patience, patience I keep saying to myself.

I finally managed to get some RWD quotes on Compare The Market Today. Only 4, and all from the Admiral Stable of companies. Mine's on a Company Lease so I won't be the registered keeper, which seems to restrict the offering somewhat, and the price.

That's the good news.

Then at 5 Today I got the dreaded text from Tesla that my delivery due on Monday (21st Nov) has been cancelled and will be rescheduled due to "logistical issues". Patience, patience I keep saying to myself.

Also some showing on MoneySuperMarket. The same four Admiral suspects - but a bit cheaper.

That's the good news.

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully they reschedule you to a reasonable date. But I can see some quotes coming out as well which is much cheaper compared to LR, good new!

I have just started getting quotes and Compare the Market gave me the best results with Admiral coming in at £645. Like some have said, there is still an issue with Insurance Companies Eg Esure, quoting the MY RWD as 674 bhp. I got a bit of a fright when i got my first set of quotes via Confused.com ( £850 ).