Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have received delivery, I have read a new twist on FB.

There has been reports that the rear seats "are NOT extended-version with additional 30cm".
Not sure what that is but does anyone have any clue? Planning to order custom mats and this could be a potential curveball for fitment

Edit: Nvm, it looks like the rear seats of MY RWD are 30 cm shallower than MYLR. Aka the bottoms of both side rear seats are in-line with the middle seat compared with MYLR
What the heck? Are they short changing us on multiple fronts? First the fog lights and now this? Could someone here post a pic of their RWD rear seats? What about that new mechanism Tesla laughingly refers to as a rear door "emergency release"? I certainly hope my car has comfort suspension. I have the posted part numbers. I hope they can be seen by crawling under the car a little bit. I've driven MYs with and without comfort suspension. The difference is huge and makes or breaks the deal for me.

Reactions: Esan na and t49223
Some updates I got from my rep, still not concrete date on delivery for the Lawrence delivery centre, but they expect it to be mid next week.

Also I was getting quotes around for insurance and it seems like Aviva has the best rate, quoted for $1900ish/yr for 2m libaility, 500/500 deductibles for Collision and Comp.

Same quote from Intact is about $2200 and TD is around $2400.

Wonder if other people have similar experience when it comes to insurance quotes.

Reactions: Sky liner
What the heck? Are they short changing us on multiple fronts? First the fog lights and now this? Could someone here post a pic of their RWD rear seats? What about that new mechanism Tesla laughingly refers to as a rear door "emergency release"? I certainly hope my car has comfort suspension. I have the posted part numbers. I hope they can be seen by crawling under the car a little bit. I've driven MYs with and without comfort suspension. The difference is huge and makes or breaks the deal for me.

The current parts # for the rear suspension in MYRWD through Tesla Parts Store for Canada is: 1188464-00-B.

There was a report in Australia about MYRWD receiving the upgraded comfort suspension (1188463-00-E). Hopefully someone who has received their RWD is able to confirm for us

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Sky liner
The current parts # for the rear suspension in MYRWD through Tesla Parts Store for Canada is: 1188464-00-B.

There was a report in Australia about MYRWD receiving the upgraded comfort suspension (1188463-00-E). Hopefully someone who has received their RWD is able to confirm for us

according to this article, giga Shanghai produced “comfort” suspensions from January 2023 on all MYRWD

IMG_3609.jpeg

No extended seat on mine. RWD from first ship, picked up yesterday. It does have comfort suspension. It’s better than other Teslas I’ve been in, but I still can feel the bumps in the road more so than other cars I’ve rode in.

It'll work but the best ones, apparently, are made by Hubbell:

I'd de-rate a Leviton and use it at 20-30 amps and not be continuously plugging in and unplugging the EVSE.

It'll work but the best ones, apparently, are made by Hubbell:

I'd de-rate a Leviton and use it at 20-30 amps and not be continuously plugging in and unplugging the EVSE.
Thanks.

These premium Nema 14-50R so pricey.... with the housing, plate, Receptacle, I might as well just get the wall charger and hardwire in :)

View attachment 944448
No extended seat on mine. RWD from first ship, picked up yesterday. It does have comfort suspension. It’s better than other Teslas I’ve been in, but I still can feel the bumps in the road more so than other cars I’ve rode in.
tccool, thanks for posting that. As long as I get that comfort suspension, I'm happy and the double rear door glass too. The seats won't matter much to me as they'll hardly get used, but it made me wonder what else was missing. I guess we should be glad we got the premium interior at all.

Hey
Did anyone get message for rescheduling the deliver for next week ?

I am suppose to get my vehicle on 8th july from Laval, QC, but now they want me to reschedule.
As always I’m assuming there’s a delay in the transportation again. This happens quite often with Tesla, you’re lucky you got to reschedule a day before. Others were only notified on the day of delivery, including my friend who had to pickup the next day after being notified the day of delivery.

Reactions: LeFrankeh