Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first Shanghai cars are now in Ontario . I found all these at the Kitchener store. Lots of white MY RWDs, three blacks and one red. There was a grey Model 3 as well. Quality looked superb on all of them.
20230610_150053.jpg
20230610_122732.jpg
20230610_122821.jpg

Yeah, they lowered my trade by $2000. So I sold it privately for a lot more.
I was gonna sell mines privately as well, listed it and had an offer for 17k two days later (teslas offer was 11.6k), but this was back when I ordered the Model 3. I had an original estimated delivery date of April for the M3. At the last minute I decided to just keep the car and Im glad I did cause I wouldn’t have had a car for a few months now.

Reactions: 404 Not Found
Located in Vancouver, BC. Took delivery of the MY RWD on May 28th - Order Date was Apr 23. I have great news for you guys! Below items were included at delivery.

- PPF for side rockers in front the rear wheels were installed (had some bubbling, so they replaced it)
- Mudflaps installed
- Matrix headlights and fogs (had low expection for this, but very happy that they come included)
- Trunk Cover
- J1772 adapter included
- Dual pane for all 4 windows!
- Kumho Majesty Solus M+S tires.

No cleaning cloth or upgraded cameras unfortunately

Currently charging and looks like only max at 32A. Charging to 100%

Unfortunately not
@Linkolas confirmed that his had a j1772 adapter, but if not I guess it’s best to purchase it deirectly from tesla. Not all locations carry them so it’s best to ask the location you are picking up from.

Reactions: Simon207
The adapter comes with the car. They are saying you won't be able to charge your car home if you don't buy the wall charger or mobile charger.
This is correct. Took delivery today and the J1772 adapter was in the trunk

Side note: Might be a good idea to message your Tesla rep to ensure car is charged before delivery... I made an appointment a week ago for today at 2pm, but when it was my turn to take delivery, they told me the car was at 20% and they could supercharge for me but it was going to take another 45 mins before I could see or inspect it

I was at an Ontario Tesla Store recently. There was a man there taking delivery and he was complaining that they installed the front plate even though he told them not to. There was even a sticky note on the windshield that read, "No front plate" . Someone missed it. The plate was held on with 3M tape, no drilled holes. The rep apologized and simply yanked it off, leaving no damage whatsoever. So yeah, you can request it.
Tesla Vaughan refused multiple times to leave the front plate off the car at pickup. I messaged them yesterday and they confirmed that they were able to leave the front plate off and left a sticky note on the car.

But when I got there, the rep refused to give me the keys if they didn't attach the front plate. They were unwilling to provide replacement brackets or 3M tape or anything if I removed it once they put it on

For those shopping around for insurance for the new Y RWD —CAA has the best rates so far and they even had the RWD model in the system to complete the quote before several other insurance companies. However when we called back and gave the VIN, they say the VIN is not in our system yet, has anyone had any luck with this?
I had luck with Allstate Canada. I gave them my VIN and the correct details came up right away. Before I had the VIN, all they could quote was the LR version which was a much higher premium. I was quited $2500 per year for the LR and now $1600 for the RWD. 2 mil liability, and 500/500 deductible 2 drivers..