Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y sighting in Squaw Valley

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear wipers are actually more necessary (possibly required?) on close to vertical rear glass, because it's more prone to accumulating road grime and the airflow detaches before the glass so can't clear it. On the Model Y (or a sedan) you have less problem with rear glass debris because the airflow remains attached over the glass.
When the almost vertical glass on my GTI with rear compared to my wife's M.3, it's not contest, the GTI is always a dirt magnet to vs the 3 looking like it never have encountered dirt.

• Helpful
Reactions: iustin
Clean the rear window while refueling, or when you're at home. I usually carry glass cleaner and a microfiber towel in my trunk.

Clearing while it's charging up is actually a good point. I haven't thought of microfibre, was usually using paper towels, so thanks for that hint too.

I guess my main concern—coming from a car where the rear camera only works in reverse—is the rear glass suddenly becoming very dirty while travelling and not being able to check what's behind me, as if that really had an impact on driving :)

Thanks all for the explanations/suggestions!

Caught a glimpse of a Y turning into the factory this morning
Saw it on Hwy 280 in Los Altos on Tuesday 2-17-20!

Attachments

• 178B1992-9D3A-4746-B175-2FD1767E6E10.jpeg
    178B1992-9D3A-4746-B175-2FD1767E6E10.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: ppc750 and EinSV