Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tint pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What wheels do you have here? Those look sick.

Thanks!
They are 20" M3 Sportwheels in satin black powder coat with 255 Michelin tires.
I got the idea from here:
Tesla Model Y, Roadster & Semi Shown At Shareholder’s Meeting

D8zbK0pUcAAmIKY.jpeg.jpg D8zG7wfVUAAQtI1.jpeg.jpg

Xpel Prime XR Plus. 70% windshield, 20% on driver/passenger windows then 70% on the rest. We did not do the glass roof yet.

Attachments

• A0BCF553-45C2-4E30-A570-F8CF86F7D67C.jpeg
    A0BCF553-45C2-4E30-A570-F8CF86F7D67C.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 2,183
  • 9C762132-D544-44E8-86D2-8AA79CF8DB61.jpeg
    9C762132-D544-44E8-86D2-8AA79CF8DB61.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 2,101
  • F4794368-1F3C-4A60-B56F-4801A7613A94.jpeg
    F4794368-1F3C-4A60-B56F-4801A7613A94.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 2,168
  • 3CF63E88-E89E-4452-ADD1-9CDB9C7B7380.jpeg
    3CF63E88-E89E-4452-ADD1-9CDB9C7B7380.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 2,203
Yes, for uv and heat. Factory tint doesn't do anything on those fronts.

I think there is some heat rejection. I would find it hard to believe that Tesla said “let’s make a full glass roof”... but not add heat
Yes, for uv and heat. Factory tint doesn't do anything on those fronts.

I gotta believe there’s at least some heat rejection on that roof. Seems like it’d be a complete oversight if it doesn’t.

My tint shop said I’d have to sign a waiver to tint the roof on the Y due to them not having too much knowledge on it and “thermal shock”. We are in Vegas so it does get hot. We’ll see how this Summer goes. Maybe I’ll just buy some shade covers

I'm only interested in Windshield UV protection (I think I would loose some visibility at night), what kind of film do you recommend using?

Note: I plan also to put a darker top windshield film, the size of the camera holder, how much % and film do you recommend?

Should I get the Windshield UV protection covering the full windshield and then put the darker cover on top of the UV film?

Or should I get three independent pieces, and put first the two darker pieces on each side of the camera, and then the UV film below?

I got XPEL PRIME XR black. 15% front, 70% rear (for heat rejection on top of factory privacy glass), and 70% on windshield

Did they make you sign a waiver for the roof? My local Xpel shop said they were worried about thermal shock (I’m in Vegas so it’s hot, 108*F today) and I’d have to sign a waiver for them to do it. What’d they charge for the roof btw?

Did they make you sign a waiver for the roof? My local Xpel shop said they were worried about thermal shock (I’m in Vegas so it’s hot, 108*F today) and I’d have to sign a waiver for them to do it. What’d they charge for the roof btw?

I didn't get the roof done, just windshield and sides. I meant rear as in the back seat windows but I don't feel much heat coming from the roof glass so didn't feel it was necessary

Anyone who got the windshield done notice a difference in terms of heat? That black dash gets crazy hot and impacts the AC quite a bit. I'm seriously considering it. It was 105 yesterday and I almost thought the air was broken until it finally cooled the cabin down. Any thoughts on windshield tint in general are appreciated.

Anyone who got the windshield done notice a difference in terms of heat? That black dash gets crazy hot and impacts the AC quite a bit. I'm seriously considering it. It was 105 yesterday and I almost thought the air was broken until it finally cooled the cabin down. Any thoughts on windshield tint in general are appreciated.
I have some questions too.

Does the 70% tint on the windshield affect visibility at night at all? Does it improve it as far as headlight glare goes? I'm getting older and headlights are starting to bother me.

With 70%, is it obvious that the windshield is tinted?

Reactions: Jamezam

I have some questions too.

Does the 70% tint on the windshield affect visibility at night at all? Does it improve it as far as headlight glare goes? I'm getting older and headlights are starting to bother me.

With 70%, is it obvious that the windshield is tinted?

we’ve got the windshield tinted in both our 3 & Y. It makes a big difference even at the 70% in terms of heat. In terms of seeing through it, no problems at all at night. It just takes the edge off of and most of the heat. Tint doesn’t need to be dark to work well, most of the heat rejection is in the material used not the color which is a common thing people don’t understand.

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA and dgstan