Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tint pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much did it cost you guys to tint all the windows and roof with ceramic? Texas tint masters is the only place I can pull up a service price list and it's about $950 for all that.

I went to a very well reviewed local tint/PPF shop here in the Kansas City area, and my quote for the top level Xpel ceramic tint was $800 for everything but the windshield. I did 20% on the front door windows, 70% on all 5 rear windows and 35% on the roof glass. The 35% on the roof is all that's available from his distributor in a single piece application, so there's not as much worry for creases or blended edges in the middle of the glass on the roof.

I'd shop around where you are in Texas, but of course the market metro you're in will inevitably vary in cost based on that...

Reactions: Barrygold
I went to a very well reviewed local tint/PPF shop here in the Kansas City area, and my quote for the top level Xpel ceramic tint was $800 for everything but the windshield. I did 20% on the front door windows, 70% on all 5 rear windows and 35% on the roof glass. The 35% on the roof is all that's available from his distributor in a single piece application, so there's not as much worry for creases or blended edges in the middle of the glass on the roof.

I'd shop around where you are in Texas, but of course the market metro you're in will inevitably vary in cost based on that...

70% on rear? Usually back is where you go the darkest.

I did 5% on rear, 35% on driver and passenger window, and 50% on front.

I finally remembered to post pics of the car after I got the fronts tinted to match the backs. I inquired about getting the windshield done and they told me it was pointless. Might help with the heat somewhat, but with a Tesla, you just turn on the AC as you're getting ready to leave. Now that I've got my trusty Siri shortcut for the AC, it's a one-button push without having to wait for the car to wake up.

Would you mind telling us what tint you used and the % on the windows? You're is one of the few white interiors that I've seen and I'm curious what they used to match those factory rear windows....

20% 3M ceramic on the fronts. I debated doing the rears, back window and roof but elected not to. Color match is pretty spot on and looks more like 35% in the sun as compared to black interior cars I’ve previously had. especially with the white interior. Overall very pleased. $180 (it was the most expensive tint out of the options as well)
B57AB9A8-3991-4351-A111-04F3D20CF03E.jpeg
7AC9B7E7-C12B-4A68-8EC6-96D4A03730B3.jpeg

This is exactly what I did with expel minus the roof and added 80% to windshield.

Reactions: brinox
I finally remembered to post pics of the car after I got the fronts tinted to match the backs. I inquired about getting the windshield done and they told me it was pointless. Might help with the heat somewhat, but with a Tesla, you just turn on the AC as you're getting ready to leave. Now that I've got my trusty Siri shortcut for the AC, it's a one-button push without having to wait for the car to wake up.

View attachment 566749 View attachment 566750 View attachment 566752 View attachment 566753
We have the same color/wheels and taking ours in today. What percentage tint is the front. Hopefully you can reply soon. Thx.

View attachment 573152 I did Ceramic 15% on the front windows, 30% on all the rear windows, and 70% on the windshield. I wish the front matched the rear a bit better, I guess I should have gone 50% on the rear windows with 15% on the front.
Adding 70% to the rear would have brought the rear down to around 20%. Then 20% on the front windows may have matched better but yours looks good. The front windows will always look a little lighter due to more light coming in from the windshield.

Model Y stock rear “tint” tests at 23%

this is 70% all rear windows and 20% front, 80% windshield
028705DD-171E-463E-90D5-7AA100C5E574.jpeg

Adding 70% to the rear would have brought the rear down to around 20%. Then 20% on the front windows may have matched better but yours looks good. The front windows will always look a little lighter due to more light coming in from the windshield.

Model Y stock rear “tint” tests at 23%

this is 70% all rear windows and 20% front, 80% windshield View attachment 573268

Wow! Is that just MSM or do you have Xpel Stealth on there too?