Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I got the 'special event' text earlier:

874052E8-1712-45A9-BD47-CDBE70370B65_1_201_a.jpeg

Unfortunately getting to Southampton on the 19th is impossible despite being only an hour away, I'm on hold to Tesla to find out what the deal is, I originally chose to collect from Reading...

Hi first post here. Ordered LR blue EAP 15/10/21 within 20 minutes of receiving the email but haven't heard anything other than the the 'prepare for delivery' email and the steps on the order page. No VIN. My impression is those who have VINs and estimated delivery dates of 14-22 Feb are mostly (all?) in the southern half of England. Has anyone further North had one? It might make sense from a logistics point of view I suppose to put all the first cars closest to Southampton but it would be nice to have the option to travel for an earlier delivery if possible.

Separately and unrelated, if I go to my account using Safari on my Mac there are three factors affecting delivery listed "order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration". But if I go to my account using either Chrome on my Mac or Safari on iOS, a fourth factor affecting delivery time is added - "profile submission". Refreshing pages and signing out and back in does not give me one version - the difference is still there. Does anyone know what "profile submission" is and whether it can be altered to speed up delivery?
No comment, still the South North divide

Surely if we’ve selected a desired pick up venue from the choice of 2 I was given when completing the earlier tasks they can’t now turn around and say you car is here, pick it up from Southampton or you loose it and go back in the queue!

Re: registrations. At what point are you assigned the number plate? If they offered the car on Feb 28 and you said put it back a week till I collect would it really come with a 2022 plate at the point or are you picking up a 2021 plate unless you give up the VIN and take a whole new car?
Just got off the phone. They are treating these like launch events. If you cannot make it the car goes to someone else and you get one from a later boat.

I’ve just been offered Southampton which I will reject , really annoying for the sake of a couple of weeks for a 22 plate. So there will be a red with black and geminis up for grabs 👍
I agree. They should of just started the whole thing from beginning of March with it being so close and its not even a couple of weeks since February will be a short one having only 28 days. Besides, Ive only just yesterday changed my configuration before getting the text and that is not yet reflecting on my account.

Reactions: hairysteve
Just got off the phone. They are treating these like launch events. If you cannot make it the car goes to someone else and you get one from a later boat.
Seriously?? I’ve waited months - chose a location and now so they can save a few penny’s on transportation I get booted to the back if I don’t jump when they click their fingers??

Exactly the same situation. It will be good to know what they say to you.
So I just got off the phone, the 19th is the only date they are offering (for me at least), so it seems I will be waiting for the next boat load in March. The lady I spoke to updated my account over the phone. So it sounds like if anyone is actually waiting to make it a 22 plate reg, call up and delay collection.

Annoying to have to wait longer, and irritating to be treated with a 'take it or leave it' option, but the upside I suppose is a 22 plate. If I did have a way to collect on the 19th I wouldn't be able to drive it for a week anyway, so I guess it's a plus in the long run. I hope everyone enjoys their cars next month! :)

Seriously?? I’ve waited months - chose a location and now so they can save a few penny’s on transportation I get booted to the back if I don’t jump when they click their fingers??
I think the question is: when this later boat arrives. I think someone said there are two in route. This one, and one for early March called Viking something. I doubt it's literally to the back of the queue, more likely just to the same spot as those (me) that didn't receive a text.

Reactions: Roarr
What happened if you don’t accept, will they still keep you car and send it to your local dealer? I have so many questions!!! Poor comms
I would say that if you had agreed/told them your collection point a while back then you are not obliged to strictly stick to their agenda. In my case, I actually specified Southampton, however I have just changed configuration (just the wheels) and the date is not favourable. My money and I will not be dictated.

So I just got off the phone, the 19th is the only date they are offering (for me at least), so it seems I will be waiting for the next boat load in March. The lady I spoke to updated my account over the phone. So it sounds like if anyone is actually waiting to make it a 22 plate reg, call up and delay collection.

Annoying to have to wait longer, and irritating to be treated with a 'take it or leave it' option, but the upside I suppose is a 22 plate. If I did have a way to collect on the 19th I wouldn't be able to drive it for a week anyway, so I guess it's a plus in the long run. I hope everyone enjoys their cars next month! :)
Do you have a telephone number handy so i can call

Reactions: Roarr

I mistyped last thread sorry 19th

As expected. And they're not bothered about location change! I suppose delaying it further has a potential downside which is losing OZEV grant if this is the first EV. And as such installers will be very busy anyway if applications don't go in now. So in the end it may very well be the same numbers wise. Honestly, will a number plate change really make a drastic difference in terms of residual value?

Fascinated as a YP orderer watching this nonsense launch. Usual Tesla approach. Be at <random location> at <random time> to collect your car. Don’t care that you’re at the other end of the country. Don’t like it? Back of the queue Bonny lad. Next…
Even as a current Tesla owner - it’s absurd- no other company in the world would act like this - were only spending £50k plus - don’t worry we’re muppets and will do whatever you want - get stuffed - tempted to go and buy something else - it’s really not even like it’s leagues ahead of the competition - it’s nice but not outstanding

Reactions: ukmy
Even as a current Tesla owner - it’s absurd- no other company in the world would act like this - were only spending £50k plus - don’t worry we’re muppets and will do whatever you want - get stuffed - tempted to go and buy something else - it’s really not even like it’s leagues ahead of the competition - it’s nice but not outstanding
Yeh as a current Tesla owner too… I’m still baffled how they operate. They are absolutely nuts.

Reactions: PeteB
Problem is what else would you buy that offers the same package of performance, range and tech? I've been looking since ordering the MY but nothing jumps out

Reactions: Campi