Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Belfast here. This is my text message this evening....

View attachment 757512

Loch Fyne Oysters - 2 Tesla Destination Chargers and 1 Evolt, 22kW with 2 sockets. Guarantee it's there.
Also looks like the Welsh delivery event is an Oyster Restaurant :D
The location at Loch Fyne, in Scotland is bizarre. No decent sea food in Glasgow?
They're clearly struggling to find a place with Oysters in Belfast that will take them.

• Funny
Reactions: VX Foxy
Just accepted my delivery (lease via salary sacrifice) for pick-up at a country restaurant near Rhosneigr, Anglesey - so - those taking a leased Model Y appear to be included in the early pickups - and the locations appear to take account of location - sort of. My pick up is at a nice restaurant on the sand dunes - although a bit of an odd location as it does not appear to have any charging.

This while thing makes me angry. Paying £56k and they force me to travel at a very specific time and location or I lose my opportunity to buy the car at the time period/ location offered to me. They save on delivery fees. I lose on being able to get a 22 plate. I’m out.
Yep. And no such thing as a free lunch when you are the one paying for it. Maybe we should all get an invite to their summer and xmas party 🤨

Pickup at Loch Fyne?!? In the depths of remote rural Scotland…. On a Thursday at 11am or 11:30??

Utterly bizarre and a long way from the week date range I have for collecting my model 3 LR in Glasgow (can at least actually get there using public transport)
I’ll take it - planning a trip to the Western Isles straight after delivery. But - as I keep saying - I’m nowhere, 20 minutes after receiving the email and inclined to go VW now.

This while thing makes me angry. Paying £56k and they force me to travel at a very specific time and location or I lose my opportunity to buy the car at the time period/ location offered to me. They save on delivery fees. I lose on being able to get a 22 plate. I’m out.
Stay in we might yet be able to swap. All I want is asap delivery having ordered within 20 minutes and all I see is asap deliveries being granted to people ordering much later who reasonably reject in favour of March. Atrocious allocation methodology Tesla. Still waiting to hear from them since “prepare for delivery”. Other EV suppliers exist people…this is a shambles.

Even as a current Tesla owner - it’s absurd- no other company in the world would act like this - were only spending £50k plus - don’t worry we’re muppets and will do whatever you want - get stuffed - tempted to go and buy something else - it’s really not even like it’s leagues ahead of the competition - it’s nice but not outstanding
Thats too harsh. They are simply giving you the option to collect earlier if you are willing to travel. No other car companies offer you the chance of picking your car up at a special launch "sooner" than the rest. If you dont want to take up the offer, you will still get the car, but just a bit later. Tesla have not said that you will go right back to the queue

Thats too harsh. They are simply giving you the option to collect earlier if you are willing to travel. No other car companies offer you the chance of picking your car up at a special launch "sooner" than the rest. If you dont want to take up the offer, you will still get the car, but just a bit later. Tesla have not said that you will go right back to the queue
What are you on about? It’s not ‘sooner’. It’s the first batch. Why, if you’ve ordered early should you be inconvenienced with a random pickup location.

Reactions: Js1977 and PeteB
What are you on about? It’s not ‘sooner’. It’s the first batch. Why, if you’ve ordered early should you be inconvenienced with a random pickup location.

would it make a difference if it was phrased more like “ first deliveries will be going on from March 1. We are planning a special collection of cars early at our launch events the week before - and we’d like you to be there as one of our first customers for the model Y. If you’d like to be able to pick up your car a week before the main launch, and are able to get to XXX location, please reply to this message’

Not necessarily. I got charged on the way home using a supercharger.
I second this. My collection in march last year was low SOC so I topped up at Havant 1 hour later and I was billed for it. I think it’s to do with when the car gets activated from RN to car in your account and app. I think this last bit was much more manual in the past which led to “free” supercharging as the car wasn’t identifying as being delivered yet.

I bought a cheap private plate beginning Y22 on the expectation that delivery would be February. But I've had no text or VIN so looks like I will be March and may not use that plate.

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655