Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a 41 year old man getting excited by an overpriced mobile battery ... this is a new high/low for me
I'm a 39 year old man who's family and friends, particularly his wife who's been made to watch youtube video after youtube vide of American Model Y owners, are ready to disown him after getting bored to death hearing about Model Ys for the last four months.

Trade-in T&C's do state they have the right to invoice you for any major undisclosed defects within a reasonable time-frame and if you don't pay they may "withhold service". This would be quite extreme and perhaps limited to Tesla's that they want to re-sell as opposed to stuff they send straight off to auction.

Withholding service is an interesting concept.. the ability to use your iPhone as a key is a service, route planning to find and then use superchargers is a service. They could quite literally make your life hell! 😱

If Tesla started withholding things over petty issues then that would be the last car I brought from them, its bad enough they send me updates that disable features in the car!

Reactions: Drndik
I'm a 39 year old man who's family and friends, particularly his wife who's been made to watch youtube video after youtube vide of American Model Y owners, are ready to disown him after getting bored to death hearing about Model Ys for the last four months.
You're not alone mate! I've run out of all YT videos and some of them I've been watching them again and again and again.. 🙈

Spoke to Tesla this morning. They said nothing had changed and not quite sure why I got this message. Two things to note; car is currently charged to 64% and they said the car hadn’t arrived yet, so potentially Southampton collections for 19th are on Viking Bravery and not Hyperion Ray? Anyone else had confirmation if vehicle has arrived yet?
When did you put your initial order in?

Yay VIN. Now I'm on Boat Watch.

Turns out adjusting the deposit on the finance isn't as easy as just phoning them up.. got extra from the trade in so wanted to give them more money up front, but CS were saying once it's agreed it's agreed and you have to contact tesla finance directly. Sigh. Still, if they can't I could just transfer the extra to the loan account on the day I guess.
I guess so yeah you can transfer to the loan account anytime. There is no early repayment charges.

Haha - I guess we should all confess to doing this as well. Some entertaining ones out there, some not so good…

Spoiler Alert 🚨
I watched one last night where the guy was comparing the 20” wheels and the 19” wheels with different hub caps to assess the range/ ride etc. on a 40+ mile round trip at the same speed.
He comes back from the first trip and announces “So, I’m an idiot, I only put the wheel trims on one side”
- I almost spat my tea out 😂
I fast forwarded the rest but basically he comes to the same conclusion as Tesla, you get slightly more range. He reckoned the ride was slightly firmer on the 20’s but not much different. Then he says he likes the look of the 20” more so he’s selling the 19” ones for $1,500. 10 mins of my life wasted.

I’ll own up to being a little sad and over excited.

Without any Y’s in the UK yet it’s hard to actually ask anyone real world questions, so You Tube is the surrogate for now.

On 3/2 I had VIN & EDD (between 2/3 and 16/3),
Presently (10/2) still awaiting ability to select a date in that range. and then of course reg to allow me to insure it.

For some, the wait is only a week or so away.
I am looking forward to many confirmations on battery size, floor mats, parcel shelves etc. to be reported back on here.
For me, big TBC is the Acceleration Boost pack. Its a day one for me.

Also, I have run out of YT videos, screenshots to digest and have bored the socks off everyone I know wrt MY, kWh. Can't wait until life gets back to normal post MY collection.

• Funny
Reactions: ukmy and Pete UK
On 3/2 I had VIN & EDD (between 2/3 and 16/3),
Presently (10/2) still awaiting ability to select a date in that range. and then of course reg to allow me to insure it.

For some, the wait is only a week or so away.
I am looking forward to many confirmations on battery size, floor mats, parcel shelves etc. to be reported back on here.
For me, big TBC is the Acceleration Boost pack. Its a day one for me.

Also, I have run out of YT videos, screenshots to digest and have bored the socks off everyone I know wrt MY, kWh. Can't wait until life gets back to normal post MY collection.
I think it must be 79kW because if you divide 316/75 and multiply that by 79 you get approx the 331 mile range they are quoting on the 20” wheels.

Maybe you can ask in the HK forum if they have the acceleration boost? (If there is one)

Reactions: Roarr
I think it must be 79kW because if you divide 316/75 and multiply that by 79 you get approx the 331 mile range they are quoting on the 20” wheels.

Maybe you can ask in the HK forum if they have the acceleration boost? (If there is one)
Thanks.

There are other threads on there with new battery but on M3 confirming it but it's just one of those things, until you see it on your account/car itself.
I'm wouldn't cancel the order if not available so I will wait and see either feedback from MY owners next week or worst case on my collection.

I'm wouldn't cancel the order if not available so I will wait and see either feedback from MY owners next week or worst case on my collection.
If Tesla can offer it they will offer it, there is no way they will skip missing out on the free extra profit!

Reactions: Roarr
I just got a SMS..

Tesla Update - Your Finance Contract will be available to view in your Tesla Account shortly. Please log in at Tesla SSO - Sign In to review all documents prior to your appointment and remember to bring a valid Driving Licence with you on the day. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

No idea why as everything is already completed lol

Strange my missus turned to the dark side after she sat in the showroom model. Asks me every day where exactly it is the Suez canal!

I have the pick up the 19th and I'm going to sell the M3 this week, a day or two before the 7 days deadline payment.
I'll tell you Friday if it was a good call.
So WBAC service is very smooth.
My advice is try to get the timing right with regards to offer and increased offers; I needed the car so I had to wait the last minute and that costed me £2k.
Lastly get your M3 in order so they can’t negotiate, I’ve refurbished all the wheels with £300 including the wash and they couldn’t have a say.
Good luck

My order was accepted by Lex on 4th Feb so hopefully I'm only a week or so behind you guys

I just received an email from my leasing broker saying that delivery is delayed to 31/05/2022 now which is frustrating. Especially considering I've received a message from Tesla a couple of days ago saying

"Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified via SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery".

I'm pretty disappointed. Any chance the leasing company could have it wrong do you think?