Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having the AB option just via a software update will be dangerous for me - not sure I'll be able to resist at least trying it! I enjoyed the acceleration of the Y on my test drive, compared to my Golf R, so can only imagine the fun that could be have with a bit more urge :)
What was the acceleration like compared to the Golf R?

Our MY is being delivered on Tuesday (can't wait) yet still not test driven one.

Our favourite car has been the Golf R, loved the handling and power; what is the MY comparison?

Wow this week has been a splurge of communications after not hearing anything for many months. Collecting my MY LR White/Black/Gemini’s from Southampton on the 22nd. Wish I had it for the weekend before as I’m on a little road trip which would of been great to have my first Tesla for.

I will finally have a home for the below 🤣,
- Boot liner
- Frunk Liner
- Boot well liner
- larger SSD drive for longer storage capabilties
- Jack rubber battery protectors
- centre console organiser
- Tesla wheel centre covers and black plastic nut covers when I was thinking I would get the 19” alloys powder coated, not sure I’ll do this now.
F20C77DA-E460-4D55-AC9F-41BB702A558D.jpeg

Reactions: tess19 and JudgeJi
What was the acceleration like compared to the Golf R?

Our MY is being delivered on Tuesday (can't wait) yet still not test driven one.

Our favourite car has been the Golf R, loved the handling and power; what is the MY comparison?
Hard to put into words - the Golf (which we are keeping) has that raw feeling of speed due to the noise but the Y felt so smooth and effortless off the line and feels like it just builds and builds - looking at the numbers there really only is a couple of tenths in it I think. The Y isn't going to feel slow that's for sure when I'm not driving the R.

Felt the Y was a more comfortable ride as well - although not as rewarding through the twisty stuff, but then I wasn't expecting the Y to compete with the R for that.

Picked up the MY today from the NEC...
IMG_3604.jpg

No problems found during the inspection. Battery was at 37% on collection, down to 13% by the time we got home, so didn't risk planting my right foot to see how fast she goes!

Quite a different drive compared to our Model 3, and feels like a very much higher driving position than my previous XC60 despite the dimensions being broadly similar.

Less fidgety than the M3 in a straight line on the open road, maybe the difference between Michelin on the MY versus Hancook on the M3. Ride is still firm though, but noticed the tyre pressures were around 48-49psi after a mile or two, which seems on the high side. I'll adjust tomorrow when cold.

There's a hint of boominess from the rear, likely due to that open boot space. I doubt an aftermarket pull-out cargo cover will dampen it. Also a little more whine from the rear motor compared to the M3, as noted by other reviews.

Only one minor nit; steering wheel is clocked fractionally to the left when driving straight ahead. No hint of a pull left or right - tracks straight as an arrow. Still to decide if reporting it is worth risking the SC messing up the tracking.

Other than that, cracking car!

That’s amazing ! Please share feedback on accessories and links for them !
Picked up the MY today from the NEC...
View attachment 777100

No problems found during the inspection. Battery was at 37% on collection, down to 13% by the time we got home, so didn't risk planting my right foot to see how fast she goes!

Quite a different drive compared to our Model 3, and feels like a very much higher driving position than my previous XC60 despite the dimensions being broadly similar.

Less fidgety than the M3 in a straight line on the open road, maybe the difference between Michelin on the MY versus Hancook on the M3. Ride is still firm though, but noticed the tyre pressures were around 48-49psi after a mile or two, which seems on the high side. I'll adjust tomorrow when cold.

There's a hint of boominess from the rear, likely due to that open boot space. I doubt an aftermarket pull-out cargo cover will dampen it. Also a little more whine from the rear motor compared to the M3, as noted by other reviews.

Only one minor nit; steering wheel is clocked fractionally to the left when driving straight ahead. No hint of a pull left or right - tracks straight as an arrow. Still to decide if reporting it is worth risking the SC messing up the tracking.

Other than that, cracking

Wow this week has been a splurge of communications after not hearing anything for many months. Collecting my MY LR White/Black/Gemini’s from Southampton on the 22nd. Wish I had it for the weekend before as I’m on a little road trip which would of been great to have my first Tesla for.

I will finally have a home for the below 🤣,
- Boot liner
- Frunk Liner
- Boot well liner
- larger SSD drive for longer storage capabilties
- Jack rubber battery protectors
- centre console organiser
- Tesla wheel centre covers and black plastic nut covers when I was thinking I would get the 19” alloys powder coated, not sure I’ll do this now.View attachment 777030
Can I ask where you managed to get the rubber matts from?
Nobody seems to have any stick

How’s the quality?