Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I ask where you managed to get the rubber matts from?
Nobody seems to have any stick

How’s the quality?
I got them from Alibaba.com, someone posted the links many pages back, can’t find them now. Obviously took a few weeks to get here from china. Quality seems ok, can’t test fit until the 22nd. Currently got them laid out flat with weights on to straighten them out from being rolled up for shipping.

Had the car for 5 days and covered a couple of hundred miles. Still driving a bit cautiously as it takes some getting used to driving around in a £60k car having come from a 9 year old car I didn’t care too much about. It’s got mud splashes all over it and I love that it looks used now, like a new pair of shoes that you don’t want to look too box fresh. I can see exactly why they’ve fitted PPF to the rear arches, they have caught a lot of splashes.

We’re very happy with it, haven’t found any negatives, more adjustments I think will become normal and muscle memory after a couple of weeks. Most looks it gets are from other Tesla 3/S owners.

Only just switched from Chill to Standard acceleration and it’s an amazing thing to behold the first few times you floor it, but not sure I could handle the jerkiness of the acceleration day to day compared to Chill. Ride comfort I’m still more than happy with on 20s. Autopilot/TACC will take some getting used to; I had phantom braking after trying it only a few times. It picked up a parked car to the left and braked pretty harshly, luckily no one behind. Car feels like it’s going at warp speed when it’s steering and accelerating for you.

I don’t notice any boom from the boot, we have a load of things loose in there at the moment and it’s a bit annoying being able to hear it all rattling about. That won’t be a problem 95% of the time for us, just something we’ll have to get used to on the longer journeys when it’s full.

I’ve booked in a service for a windscreen scratch on the inside that I noticed on day 1, it feels a bit deep so I want to make sure it’s not a crack that’s brewing.

The weather hasn’t been ideal, very wet and temperature around 6-10C, but the range isn’t anywhere near as great as I’d hoped. I would estimate around 200-210 miles from a full battery with pretty moderate driving. I am watching the battery percentage like a hawk which doesn’t help but hoping the warmer and drier weather improves things.

Overall, very happy we made the change from ICE to electric, and really happy with the Y.

Had the car for 5 days and covered a couple of hundred miles. Still driving a bit cautiously as it takes some getting used to driving around in a £60k car having come from a 9 year old car I didn’t care too much about. It’s got mud splashes all over it and I love that it looks used now, like a new pair of shoes that you don’t want to look too box fresh. I can see exactly why they’ve fitted PPF to the rear arches, they have caught a lot of splashes.

We’re very happy with it, haven’t found any negatives, more adjustments I think will become normal and muscle memory after a couple of weeks. Most looks it gets are from other Tesla 3/S owners.

Only just switched from Chill to Standard acceleration and it’s an amazing thing to behold the first few times you floor it, but not sure I could handle the jerkiness of the acceleration day to day compared to Chill. Ride comfort I’m still more than happy with on 20s. Autopilot/TACC will take some getting used to; I had phantom braking after trying it only a few times. It picked up a parked car to the left and braked pretty harshly, luckily no one behind. Car feels like it’s going at warp speed when it’s steering and accelerating for you.

I don’t notice any boom from the boot, we have a load of things loose in there at the moment and it’s a bit annoying being able to hear it all rattling about. That won’t be a problem 95% of the time for us, just something we’ll have to get used to on the longer journeys when it’s full.

I’ve booked in a service for a windscreen scratch on the inside that I noticed on day 1, it feels a bit deep so I want to make sure it’s not a crack that’s brewing.

The weather hasn’t been ideal, very wet and temperature around 6-10C, but the range isn’t anywhere near as great as I’d hoped. I would estimate around 200-210 miles from a full battery with pretty moderate driving. I am watching the battery percentage like a hawk which doesn’t help but hoping the warmer and drier weather improves things.

Overall, very happy we made the change from ICE to electric, and really happy with the Y.
I used to get 210 out of my model 3 SR+ so something up there with that - and I used to floor it often too

Only just switched from Chill to Standard acceleration and it’s an amazing thing to behold the first few times you floor it, but not sure I could handle the jerkiness of the acceleration day to day compared to Chill.

You'll hopefully get used to it. I haven't driven the Model Y, but I drive a Model 3 LR with Acceleration Boost. It feels extremely smooth in its "Sport" setting (or "Standard' setting before I got the boost) and I feel like I can modulate the acceleration very precisely. It doesn't have a jerky feeling to it at all. You'll just get used to putting a small amount of pressure on the pedal for gentler acceleration.