Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if Tesla plan to install more super chargers as the sales continue, they seem to have become pretty common in the UK, noticed a lot of cars queuing up to get a supercharge
Most people do not need supercharging speeds and there are cheaper 50 kWh rapid chargers if they bother to use zap-map. Of course, there is still the hassle of finding working chargers.

2 weeks exactly till I need to collect my Model Y - nobody is asking me for money.
When should I expect the invoice?
And just like that, they have asked for the money on Saturday. Sent a tenner, just to make sure it is getting to the right account... saw it was there this morning. Now I have 6 days to send the rest of the money (10K daily limit through the app)... 11 days till collection day!

The estimated delivery for the MY LR is May for 20" wheels but July for the 19".
I placed an order for one with 19" wheels and on my order it says "estimated delivery May 08- June 05"
Which then makes you start to wonder if the longer delivery on the order page is just there to encourage people to go for the £2100 upgrade which, even after Tax, has to be at least £1000 of pure profit. Or am I just being cynical?

And just like that, they have asked for the money on Saturday. Sent a tenner, just to make sure it is getting to the right account... saw it was there this morning. Now I have 6 days to send the rest of the money (10K daily limit through the app)... 11 days till collection day!
I have a March 6th (yesterday)to March 13th & still haven’t been given my VIN or final invoice !

Attachments

• 2504F49C-403E-49E2-85BA-C5F87C60BC94.png
    2504F49C-403E-49E2-85BA-C5F87C60BC94.png
    446.7 KB · Views: 70
My new white MY was supposed to be delivered tomorrow (Via Lease company) yet I just received a text saying that it failed its pre-delivery inspection and will not arrive. The text continues they will look at rescheduling yet no indication of when/why.

I have contacted my lease company yet they have no idea as to why this was sent.

Anyone else had a text like that before?

It is annoying as I am left unsure if this is a slight delay or something more substantial? should I cancel my insurance policies (car+gap etc).

Also if the reason it failed is something major I would like to know.

Have to checked your account online and viewed the source code? I found my VIN about a week after ordering.
Yes have the VIN in source code ok. Just received text to confirm delivery date, they give me 15/16th only & I need a tow bar on 17th! Decided to phone CS, told me to book 16th online and then I have 7 days to pick car up from Tesla Belfast. It’s leaves me with available tow bar on my trade in vehicle. Logged out of app and back in and still no bank details or vin, just outstanding balance. Will leave it a day or 2 & phone them again if nothing updated on account.

I know some people have been frustrated by the ordering/buying process but so far I’ve had a really good experience. Especially, when I compare it to buying cars from BMW, VW Group and Ford. Not having to deal with mountains of paperwork and sales speak as been so refreshing.

I’ve just had a call from Tesla confirming the collection details and they made sure that I was okay with everything.

I’ve enjoyed it, from following @Mr Miserable shipping updates to the app gradually updating.

Reactions: EVMeister
Picked mine up from Bluewater last week. I reckon there were 250 news cars there. Multi-storey car park handover, so the unfortunate two blokes there at a makeshift table were in effect working outside! I recognised one from Heathrow last time I collected a car from there - "Last time I saw you you had an office" :rolleyes:

Very dingy in the multi-storey, so good luck if you are fastidious about your own PDI checklist.

I was trading in, so I moved the car to a supercharger stall whilst I moved my clobber across. Actually, by the time I had the CONFIG settings to my liking that would have consumed most of the 30% - 80% charge time anyway. Two stalls weren't working (Tesla logo not lit)

Not been to Bluewater before, I had some difficulty getting on to the right road ... SatNav for Supercharger took me there, but some of the 3-way-slips for the car park caused me to make the wrong choice and waste some time ... When I got fairly close there were grey Tesla banners providing direction confirmation.

Apart from the diabolic pre-sales service (nothing new for me, but even with experienced low expectations it was far worse than I have ever experienced before). Once the Superchargers are open to all vehicles I'll definitely be looking at the competition next time - perhaps narrowed to brands / models that have "Charger rear-left or front-right Supercharger-compatible".

Been entertaining my mates with Lightshow, Boombox and the Horn augmentation ... all very childish of course ...

... worth doing the lightshow when you collect / whilst its charging (assuming it will ...) to entertain the Newbies if you like ...