Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model Y this morning from Bristol.

Not an obvious location and not sign posted, apppears to be a temporary site. Nothing there bar a couple of portacabins and a car park.

About 20 Model Y and a handful of 3's. Blue seems most popular, then grey, then red, white and finally black.

Have the car a good check over. Only issue was bubbles under the PPF which seems common and the tyres at 51 psi.

Battery was at 44%, so fine to go the M4 Membury for a top up. Sign of the times but Membury had only one spare charger, all three test in use by Model 3's. Two years ago I used to stop there and it would be me, 1 Model S and one Model X.

For those still waiting, we are all getting out there. Hubby and I figure we needed something distinctive to make sure we could find the car - didn't think it would be a problem just yet, but who new a second Midnight Silver in our neighbourhood - see, lucky we got the stripes (please no comment on the choice of stripes, there has been enough batted around family and friends on that one). May be this is how the would will look one day.View attachment 782045
Nooooo on so many levels!

• Funny
Reactions: Jason71 and teaston
I managed to do the same thing.. picked it up, drove home 20 miles and there was some (not much) jeans transfer. Soap didn't touch it, as usual, so went straight to the big guns - IPA - which got rid of it. Phew.

Can't wait to get some time to get the leathershield on.. I'm determined that my Y seats won't get as ropey as the 3 ones did.

Hubby and I figure we needed something distinctive to make sure we could find the car

I just press HORN on the APP and look around for people jumping out of their skin!

You can press LOCATION, on the APP, and then there is option for "walking directions" to get there. Handy if Hubby parks it somewhere and you then have to figure out where he left it ... or (the one time I've used it - and the Horn / Lights options too) when we went to a function and parked in a massive field with no distinguishing landmarks. LOCATION got us very close, Horn / Lights did the last bit.

the lovely chap at Stockport has matched me to a car that was a cancellation

Is that the one a tree fell on, the original person was given a backup, and they didn't have to use all that much polyfilla ? :cool:

Which part is illegal?

My recollection of the original thread was that the O/P was thinking of putting a mini-number-plate on the car.

I have just been given an estimated delivery of 17th - 24th March on the app after an indicated May 6th - June 9th ….😳

Can anyone advise what will happen next and whether i will have any flexibility to pick the Y up out with the estimated delivery dates …?

Thanks for any advice or tips.

👍🏻