Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
congratulations on everyone who got a text, the end is very close.

It’s worth remembering that the order to delivery turnaround for Teslas is still very fast.

If I wanted to order a replacement for my Land Rover, the wait is 12-18 months.

For similar EVs, the wait was much longer. Eg. In March I was told 12 months plus for a Skoda and almost as long for the Kia EV6. Probably delays have worsened subsequently.

Luckily Tesla demand is nowhere near as far ahead of supply.

this is the main reason why i went for a tesla in the end. the lead time is far FAR better than any other manufacturer. not only that but with all the bells and whistles with the car. as standard. the only other car you can get within 6 months is the I-pace. 5-6 month lead time.

The two-week delivery isn't necessarily needed. Looking back at old posts, it seems that in Q2, MORNING PEACE departed Shanghai 22 May 2022 and arrived in Southampton on 27th June for 3 wild days of chaotic collections (presumably only for people who could get to Southampton or the nearby collection points).

However, it seems GLOVIS COMPANION estimated journey is only 25 days so perhaps shorter journeys are possible, giving us a bit more time to fit in another UK-bound ship (maybe up until 1st/2nd September).
20th of the month is the usual cutoff date for meeting end Q deliveries so it really is Friday or Saturday as the last day. Glovis challenge has been glued to Shanghai for about a day longer than normal and is not an especially big boat. Mr M suspected it’s off to Korea and then Glovis sunrise will dock ( been circling for a while whilst the glue unsticks Glovis challenge). Lots of EDDs are still showing September, including mine, but nobody has any expectation now with Thoughts moved to delivery December now. Tesla queues are getting bigger with less than one quarter of orders being fulfilled per quarter. Elon said he’d stop taking orders and they’ve cranked up prices. MY is becoming the new model T but a very expensive version of it.

Reactions: neuralsandwich
Confirmed Glovis challenge is on way to Singapore so almost certainly heading to Europe and Glovis sunrise taking her berth at Shanghai. Looks like the last push is happening. IF, and it’s a big IF, challenge is a UK boat then VINS might rain down on Saturday during Texas office hours. However, as it’s a weekend perhaps the VINS will wait till Monday. By Monday we will know if Glovis sunrise is heading to Europe (usually takes 2 days to load but challenge was about 3d) and VINS from it would rain down as a big torrent on Monday or Tuesday depending on departure day. It could be a double rain storm on Monday due to weekend. Either way we’ve all got something to cause extreme excitement until middle of next week. My premonition with Glovis challenge which i shared last week is holding up. 🚘🎷🎶

Confirmed Glovis challenge is on way to Singapore so almost certainly heading to Europe and Glovis sunrise taking her berth at Shanghai. Looks like the last push is happening. IF, and it’s a big IF, challenge is a UK boat then VINS might rain down on Saturday during Texas office hours. However, as it’s a weekend perhaps the VINS will wait till Monday. By Monday we will know if Glovis sunrise is heading to Europe (usually takes 2 days to load but challenge was about 3d) and VINS from it would rain down as a big torrent on Monday or Tuesday depending on departure day. It could be a double rain storm on Monday due to weekend. Either way we’ve all got something to cause extreme excitement until middle of next week. My premonition with Glovis challenge which i shared last week is holding up. 🚘🎷🎶

I shall await the @Mr Miserable update tonight as to whether the alert status has moved from 'flacid' to 'aroused' or not. Wouldn't be a bad thing if Challenge went to the EU and Sunrise to the UK as I think (and Mr M will correct me if I'm wrong) that Sunrise has an additional 3 metres in girth so will fit more cars in. Wishful thinking I'm sure!

I shall await the @Mr Miserable update tonight as to whether the alert status has moved from 'flacid' to 'aroused' or not. Wouldn't be a bad thing if Challenge went to the EU and Sunrise to the UK as I think (and Mr M will correct me if I'm wrong) that Sunrise has an additional 3 metres in girth so will fit more cars in. Wishful thinking I'm sure
I shall await the @Mr Miserable update tonight as to whether the alert status has moved from 'flacid' to 'aroused' or not. Wouldn't be a bad thing if Challenge went to the EU and Sunrise to the UK as I think (and Mr M will correct me if I'm wrong) that Sunrise has an additional 3 metres in girth so will fit more cars in. Wishful thinking I'm sure!
If mine is on the last boat from China I’ll collect mine from the bay of biscay!