Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just jumped on chat to see if it was worth letting them know I could collect from Southampton if I could get it sooner than the 15th. Apparently Celeste can assure me that my car doesn't arrive in Southampton until the 14th and she doesn't know where I'm getting my information about Glovis Companion, but I'm wrong.

I just jumped on chat to see if it was worth letting them know I could collect from Southampton if I could get it sooner than the 15th. Apparently Celeste can assure me that my car doesn't arrive in Southampton until the 14th and she doesn't know where I'm getting my information about Glovis Companion, but I'm wrong.

I had her the other night (chatted to her, rather), she’s no Emma.

I've been lurking on this thread for a number of weeks now, and today was the day I finally got my Tesla SMS with a delivery appointment for the 13th of September. Up to this point the leasing provider we used, Tusker had been very quiet on the communication front, so receipt of this SMS was a pleasant surprise. I've not been provided a VIN, and there is no VIN hidden on my account page. Hopefully this gives hope to other Tusker leasers!

MYLR W/B/20: Ordered 4th April via Tusker: EDD "Early September".

Eugh, initial excitement this morning of receiving my text, to realise it's for a delivery on 19th, which is the first day of a week's holiday. Called Tesla this afternoon to try and arrange an alternative - the earliest they can do is the 17th, which I can't do as I'm going to a wedding, and the latest (apparently) is a week after the 16th, which is when the car arrives at the service centre. So, literally no day I can actually do. So, I said I'll leave it on the 19th, which worst case I could probably make work, only to receive the confirmation text of an agreed delivery on the 17th.

Thanks Tesla.

She denied your car was on it?

Is there a chance she thought you are a pirate and may Shanghai the vessel?

She denied your car was on it?

Is there a chance she thought you are a pirate and may Shanghai the vessel?
She didn't say that exactly, she just wanted to know why I thought my car was arriving on the 1st, she was adamant that my car was arriving on the 14th and she didn't know where I was getting my info but, she assured me I was wrong.

I guess she could have thought I was a pirate, are they jumping onto Tesla chat and asking about ships these days?

She didn't say that exactly, she just wanted to know why I thought my car was arriving on the 1st, she was adamant that my car was arriving on the 14th and she didn't know where I was getting my info but, she assured me I was wrong.

I guess she could have thought I was a pirate, are they jumping onto Tesla chat and asking about ships these days?
It’s impossible to say, very few pirates I have met will openly admit to being pirates in a open forum.

Interesting thought though. I wonder which is more likely out of:

A. Celeste having no f**king clue;
B. Us (and Mr M as our noble leader) being wrong and actually the orders are effectively one ship behind where we think they are;
C. Tesla deciding for some reason it should deliberately mislead its customers.

I would rather hope that my car (assuming we’re on the same boat) will arrive earlier than the 14th. Whilst I can’t see why it would take a fortnight to make the trip up the A34 to me, 24 hours seems to leave little room for unforeseen cock-ups. In the context of the past 5 months, it’s impossible not to feel nervous even if I am grateful to have a delivery date.

Also it seemed a bit rich they Tesla insist I book collection within a day of email receipt despite the delays their end!!!

It’s impossible to say, very few pirates I have met will openly admit to being pirates in a open forum.

B. Us (and Mr M as our noble leader) being wrong and actually the orders are effectively one ship behind where we think they are;

A! The worst one I’ve spoken to!

I would rather hope that my car (assuming we’re on the same boat) will arrive earlier than the 14th. Whilst I can’t see why it would take a fortnight to make the trip up the A34 to me, 24 hours seems to leave little room for unforeseen cock-ups. In the context of the past 5 months, it’s impossible not to feel nervous even if I am grateful to have a delivery date.

Also it seemed a bit rich they Tesla insist I book collection within a day of email receipt despite the delays their end!!!
I've not met many pirates but I'd say you're correct, I certainly wouldn't admit to it, if I was a pirate of course.

I'm gonna go with option A on this ocassion

Reactions: Lord Farquad

As much as I respect mr M, he’s not the boss of me and I’m as sure he’s as glad to see this statement as I am to make it. 🚘🎷🎶

Delivery scheduling text received with 3 days to choose from and went for collection on 16th Sep from Bristol. Subsequently (perhaps simultaneously?) received an email as well asking for the same booking action with 24 hr deadline. After speaking with the TA, booking confirmation text is also received. I was told the VIN was assigned but the reg was to follow in the next couple of weeks and payment to be completed once the final invoice was received and latest 7 days in advance of the collection date. If the reg and VIN were not received in the coming weeks I was advised to follow up.

Reactions: Obie and Toblerone