Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Speed boost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder why EAP isn’t offered on a MY in the US…
Scott, I have no insight or facts here but I do have a guess. The FSD package in Europe is somewhat crippled due to legislation and many features including Summon become a bit useless through no fault of Tesla. pitching in a halfway house option that gives some of the benefits that work but in reduced from is probably a better revenue stream than FSD here.

happy to be corrected by anyone more knowledgable. As I say, it’s purely me thinking out loud.

What are the specs of the boost?

Yep going to be about 3-5 years to see it in Europe and I believe UK would probably be last!
I've been considering whether I will get AB so have watched most of the YouTube vids on it 😁 Conclusion from those is 0.5s off the 0-60 but mostly on the midrange once moving so from 20/30mph up. Apparently feels like the acceleration is more constant up to 70mph rather than it tapering off. That's from videos though, no personal experience obviously.

Reactions: Rooster6655
I've been considering whether I will get AB so have watched most of the YouTube vids on it 😁 Conclusion from those is 0.5s off the 0-60 but mostly on the midrange once moving so from 20/30mph up. Apparently feels like the acceleration is more constant up to 70mph rather than it tapering off. That's from videos though, no personal experience obviously.
I've tried to talk myself out of it, but will do it, largely for the pure giggle factor that a bloody economical, 5 seater crossover can embarrass most cars on the road when it does 0-6 in 4.2 seconds on virtually any road surface. What a time to be alive - may as well live it right?

I've tried to talk myself out of it, but will do it, largely for the pure giggle factor that a bloody economical, 5 seater crossover can embarrass most cars on the road when it does 0-6 in 4.2 seconds on virtually any road surface. What a time to be alive - may as well live it right?
Yeah, when I say 'considering' that's really only to give the appearance of being a sensible grown up and not someone stuck with the maturity of an 8 year old shouting 'go faster, go faster' from my booster seat.... ;)

Yeah, when I say 'considering' that's really only to give the appearance of being a sensible grown up and not someone stuck with the maturity of an 8 year old shouting 'go faster, go faster' from my booster seat.... ;)
👍 I "settled" for the Gemini's instead of the Inductions. This means that with the not-so-subtle application of some vroom-vroom maths, the AB is basically FREE! It's free...

• Funny
Reactions: NSS89 and blert
Apologies if this has been asked before but can anyone tell me how much the boost costs for the Model Y LR? Thinking about swapping my M3P for MYLR but don’t want to sacrifice that much acceleration!
50A4E720-46A0-4739-B5DF-538947B74EBD.png

Reactions: Ch0pper