Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y vs. Mustang GTE

Model Y or Mustang GTE

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the styling of the GT. The interior though, from the pictures looks cheap. Meaning cheap plastic compared to Tesla. There are several features that I think puts Ford already behind Tesla, including needing to push a button to start the car, the door handles, steering wheels design, low center console and a bunch of other things. I think Tesla needs to build a true wagon.
From someone that has never seen or sat in the Mach E, the cheap plastic comments are just cheap shots.

I think the ones with the biggest discounts will be the Chevy, Hyundai and Kia as their EV offerings weren't competitive with the Model 3 SR and certainly not the Mach-E. My last Chevy Bolt purchase was for $13K off MSRP. If I could get a similar discount on the Ford or Kia EVs, I would be very happy.

I think I will wait until the end of the first year to get a Ford bargain for a long range AWD version having adaptive cruise. An AWD Kia would be even better. The VW cute-UTE might be the hot ticket. I am excited.
The first edition Mach-E is sold out.

"at a much lower price"---where did you find the retail price? If it is so much cheaper, how many Tesla reservations will be canceled for the new VW model?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/volkswagen-electric-car-pricing-msrp-id3-id4/ Basically, same cost as an ICE version so speculation is $25-40K plus full Federal rebate of $7500. Having things like rear wiper, Android Auto, heat pump, heated steering wheel, and generally more conventional will cause many cancellations. Plus, conventional dealers, body repair, vast dealer network, etc.

German mark has been gone for years, it's the Euro. Regardless, many large companies don't really price based on exchange rate as they are multinationals. They manufacture and sell products all over the globe into and out of different currencies so the exchange rates tend to balance out. I worked for a very large currency and this was how we and all of out peers operated.

Tesla's advantage is in it's efficiency, proven ability to upgrade existing vehicles wirelessly, and existing charging network. Other manufactures have to prove they have same efficiency/range and ability to support the fleet.

Efficiency means range per size of battery. Sure, a manufacturer can put in a bigger battery for more range but that adds cost. I hope you are right that auto manufacturers will move to provide field upgrades wirelessly...so far only Tesla has been willing to do this. Ford says they will but we won't know for quite some time nor the extent of the upgrade/change.

An EV is as good as its service/repair and its charging network. Tesla exceeds on one end and not great on the other. Ford, not sure about EV charging network (every other EV owner besides Tesla seems to have a hard time to charge somewhere besides home) and hopefully their dealer network and repair shops will treat their EV’s like any other Ford.

An EV is as good as its service/repair and its charging network. Tesla exceeds on one end and not great on the other. Ford, not sure about EV charging network (every other EV owner besides Tesla seems to have a hard time to charge somewhere besides home) and hopefully their dealer network and repair shops will treat their EV’s like any other Ford.
Having owned a Ford, IMHO that would be two negatives for them.

• Funny
Reactions: beezy
The 2019 e-Golf. 2020 is very similar... 2019 VW e-Golf Electric Car – Volkswagen
Yeah, but go ahead and try to buy this 125-mile compliance car in Wisconsin. This car is not a serious attempt at a competitive EV. Made with a limited range, in limited quantities, and only in certain states (the CARB emissions compact states):

California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Yeah, but go ahead and try to buy this 125-mile compliance car in Wisconsin. This car is not a serious attempt at a competitive EV. Made with a limited range, in limited quantities, and only in certain states (the CARB emissions compact states):

California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington
Totally agree with you. This is a compliance car and a mediocre one at that.

• Funny
Long time lurker. I don't have Tesla yet but have at least driven one. My current ride is a leased Caddy XT4 which I give up at the latest Nov 2021. I've been holding out for a Y. I am intrigued by the Mach E! It looks really cool. However, there are still a few drawbacks that I can see.

1. You need an EV Ford dealer near you. I'm not really certain I will see one.
2. You have to deal with a dealer.....
3. Tesla has the Supercharger network. I do understand Ford is partnering up for stations but will you be able to charge as fast as a Tesla?
4. How far behind is Ford going to be with technology?

If any of the 3 Ford dealers near me certify for EV, I would certainly entertain one more seriously. Time will tell I guess but at the momtn, I'm leaning toward the Y.