Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y vs. Mustang GTE

Model Y or Mustang GTE

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a F350, a Cmax Energi (phev) and a model 3. The Fords have been reliable and are of better build quality than the Tesla. They are both more quiet on the highway. The Tesla’s technology blows the Ford’s out of the water.

We will replace the cmax in a year or two, and i will evaluate both the Y and Mach E or whatever name it has. Super curious to see who executes better.

• Informative
Reactions: N5329K and Shemp
I own a F350, a Cmax Energi (phev) and a model 3. The Fords have been reliable and are of better build quality than the Tesla. They are both more quiet on the highway. The Tesla’s technology blows the Ford’s out of the water.

We will replace the cmax in a year or two, and i will evaluate both the Y and Mach E or whatever name it has. Super curious to see who executes better.

the F350 is a 2019 diesel, so (almost) the latest they have to offer. Its a solid vehicle and very comfortable/quiet.

If you want a Ford, buy a Ford. Regardless of being an EV, the Mustang will just be the same old same old from Ford that happens to be an EV instead of an ICE. It will also be their first real EV (I don't count the compliance efforts)
The Model Y will be the crossover version of a proven, best selling, designed from the start EV.
One has an integrated charge network, integrated tech and eco system, designed as a whole.
The other will be a parts bin special with vestigial integration and bits that happen to fit.

For sure the Ford will have a dealer network that resists EVs with every fiber of their being.
Which means the Mustang will have A & B services every 6k miles along with lots of unnecessary service items to keep the aforementioned dealer network happy.

If you want a Ford, buy a Ford. Regardless of being an EV, the Mustang will just be the same old same old from Ford that happens to be an EV instead of an ICE. It will also be their first real EV (I don't count the compliance efforts)
The Model Y will be the crossover version of a proven, best selling, designed from the start EV.
One has an integrated charge network, integrated tech and eco system, designed as a whole.
The other will be a parts bin special with vestigial integration and bits that happen to fit.

For sure the Ford will have a dealer network that resists EVs with every fiber of their being.
Which means the Mustang will have A & B services every 6k miles along with lots of unnecessary service items to keep the aforementioned dealer network happy.
I dont know about the dealer portion of this comment. My local dealer has EV charging, the service manager has a plug in hybrid ford and they seem perfectly fine servicing my (most of the time) EV. This is in central PA. Not a bastion of electrification. The parts bid engineering comment is probably accurate.