Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y vs Mustang Mach E

Is the $7500 tax credit worth waiting months to get Mach E instead of Model Y?

• Yes

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • No

Votes: 216 83.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moose test: Mach-E vs MY

I wonder if it was
- a RWD with 18" 225/60-18 or 19" 225/55-19 wheels
or
- a AWD with 20" 245/45-20 wheels?

I imagine that the 225 width tires don't provide too much grip for the weight of the car.

Reactions: jsight
I wonder if it was
- a RWD with 18" 225/60-18 or 19" 225/55-19 wheels
or
- a AWD with 20" 245/45-20 wheels?

I imagine that the 225 width tires don't provide too much grip for the weight of the car.

I'm pretty sure it was the AWD. Check the description and comments. Also km77 has their Moose Test video here:
. Audio is in...Spanish, I think?...but the captions are available in English.

Hadn't thought about this before, but when I took InControl Accident avoidance with my kids, the focus in this kind of maneuver was to let off the gas, stay of the break. With one pedal, you need to be sure not to let off too much to avoid the nose diving. Wonder how they're managing this in the test.

Hadn't thought about this before, but when I took InControl Accident avoidance with my kids, the focus in this kind of maneuver was to let off the gas, stay of the break. With one pedal, you need to be sure not to let off too much to avoid the nose diving. Wonder how they're managing this in the test.

@bc70 good question. If you look at the km77 channel https://www.youtube.com/user/km77video/videos, they have a ton of these moose tests, including other EVs. If you watch the Model Y video for example, the outcome is quite different than the Mach E. I'm assuming that since they do this test often and on various vehicles including EVs, that they would know the best way possible.

According to White House it's Mach-E and Ford is leading EV manufacturer. Also Tesla doesn't exist.
Back to reality, Mach E looks awfully out of proportion because the skinny tires, the upward curve on the rear bottom.
Not to mention its ACC can't even take a 10 degree corner.
Then watching Munro live, you know Mach E is generations behind Tesla on engineering.

Reactions: Watts_Up

Not about MachE specifically, but it’s true nevertheless