Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E and my Y. Side by Side pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that, but even if it does that, I just hit the power button if I just wanted to take a peek. Mostly I'm going to use it if I swipe tho. An update will probably change that someday.
im often just wanting to put the vent fan on ... and it takes several clicks and many looks off the road.. swipe up - turn off auto - turn down the temp setting so the heater doesnt come on... dont go too far though or the AC automatically comes back on.. then set the fan level... its terrible

Why can't there be a fan only mode (one button like keep and dog and camp)? getting the stupid Tesla climate control to go from auto anything to manual-just-let-the-damn-fresh-air-in is a pain. i. dont. want. auto. everything. all. the. time.

why do the simplest of things escape Tesla engineers? because they don't drive the cars when they "improve" things.

'looks good from my office seat, boss'.

ship it.

i don't get it.

Reactions: BigNerd and gt2690b
Why can't there be a fan only mode (one button like keep and dog and camp)? getting the stupid Tesla climate control to go from auto anything to manual-just-let-the-damn-fresh-air-in is a pain. i. dont. want. auto. everything. all. the. time.

why do the simplest of things escape Tesla engineers? because they don't drive the cars when they "improve" things.

ship it.

i don't get it.
standing-ovation-clapping.gif

ship it.

i don't get it.
I don't understand your point. since you touch one extra button to make it fan only mode.
1. Hit "Temp" button to activate the HVAC
2. Hit 'AC" to turn off the AC
3. you have the "fan only" mode.

⬇️ LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: cusetownusa

ship it.

i don't get it.
That's similar to all auto climate settings across brands.

*btw, if I turn off A/C and Auto, it is in manual fan only and stays there. It doesn't revert back to auto unless I go back and change it.
Are you doing this?

Last edited:
Why take up all that screen space? Like I said, a quick swipe up always brings it into view.

The option would be nice so you can see all your settings at a glance, and adjust without extra steps.
I thought of that layout because I don't need my radio/streaming window taking up that much real estate.
Easily a half or third can be the hvac.

So really, not a big update- just resize the hvac and allow it to stay on-screen if you desire

Reactions: gt2690b

Exactly.

This is a problem with most software engineering is not enough practical use testing... but even worse when applying to "moving vehicle scenario".

And that's why I say that voice commands can't solve everything.

And that's why I say that voice commands can't solve everything.
They are not meant to solve everything. They are just another tool in the box which might be more convenient at certain times. Sort of like waving your foot under the bumper when your hands are full of groceries (something my Model Y could use). LOL I hope it's mandatory that the engineers drive Teslas for everyday use.