Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E and my Y. Side by Side pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SIAP, Ford is now charging $800 per year for Blue Cruise.

7.8k here in Canada for Tesla EAP. Add to the fact that most people keep cars for 5-7 years and Tesla EAP ends up costing more.

Both are not worth it unless you drive a lot, but Tesla's EAP cost more and has more features whereas Blue cruise has less issues and is has hands free. I had both and I prefer bluecruise

FYI Bluecruise still works without the subscription - it just won't be hands free. Will still do AAC, lane centering, etc.

I rather the basic Blue-cruise over the Tesla BAP as well

Telsas remind me of "A Very Brady Movie" - where Mike Brady had one design concept (his house) and everything he designed after that looked like another version of the same thing (gas station, bank, office building). Let's face it - while Telsa has the tech, their cars are pretty frumpy on the outside. And don't get me started on "chrome delete" - black wheels and trim 🤮. Can't wait for that fad to end.

There are many EVs now that are SO much better looking than the Teslas. But I can't imagine dealing with a Ford dealership or any conventional stealership and all their nonsense, so I'm waiting on a Model Y LR. They're fast becoming ubiquitous - like the VW Bugs were in the 60's/70's, but Tesla has the tech and that wins out over looks.

Reactions: Whatstreet
Ford is relying on the emotionalism of the Mustang and all subjective things. Its performance doesn't compare well to most other EV CUVs.

well then ,
if ford is relying on emotionalism, the choice of model defining labels is really disastrous.
Using the word MACH on top of MUSTANG for their EV effort is particularly dumb.

Is SHELBY going to be the MachE performance option ? :D

well then ,
if ford is relying on emotionalism, the choice of model defining labels is really disastrous.
Using the word MACH on top of MUSTANG for their EV effort is particularly dumb.

Is SHELBY going to be the MachE performance option ? :D
They are trying to cash in on legacy success. However, the Mustang isn't that successful relatively and the contradictions of using a performance car name for a family oriented utility vehicle is questionable. Mama doesn't like that menacing look. The Model 3 is a closer fit for the muscle car crowd performance wise.

Telsas remind me of "A Very Brady Movie" - where Mike Brady had one design concept (his house) and everything he designed after that looked like another version of the same thing (gas station, bank, office building). Let's face it - while Telsa has the tech, their cars are pretty frumpy on the outside. And don't get me started on "chrome delete" - black wheels and trim 🤮. Can't wait for that fad to end.

There are many EVs now that are SO much better looking than the Teslas. But I can't imagine dealing with a Ford dealership or any conventional stealership and all their nonsense, so I'm waiting on a Model Y LR. They're fast becoming ubiquitous - like the VW Bugs were in the 60's/70's, but Tesla has the tech and that wins out over looks.
Wait you LIKED the chrome??

IMHO we will see Tesla start licensing their tech to other manufacturers - especially once FSD goes GA. Similar to what's happening with NACS now, we'll see the same thing happen with FSD and the required tech to support FSD, including the software tech stack, over the next few years.

"Chrome" trim is usually stainless steel or anodized aluminum. We use salt here, too and I have never had a problem with "chrome" trim. Black can be great with light colors, but it is depressingly blah with the dark colors especially when the car is a bit dirty.

I've seen 3's with chrome window surrounds and I think it looks great. I know everyone likes matte now but the chrome is a nice option, imo. Black looks sporty but chrome does feel more upscale to me.
This car is for you =)
1687619692478.png