Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E and my Y. Side by Side pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Ford Mach-E Cal Route (the long rang equivalent) last September. The build date dragged and dragged, and when Tesla dropped prices at the end of the year, I ended up buying a Y LR, with 2 years free super-charging.

I've been very happy with the decision, but the Ford dealership called me Friday to let me know my Mach-E arrived. They'd forgotten I'd cancelled it, and had refunded the deposit in January. Curiosity got the better of me, so I stopped by and put them next to each other.

While I love my Y, the charging network, the additional trunk space, and not having to work through a 'dealer network', etc etc I can't help but think the mach-e looks a little better.

I still made the right decision. Right ?! :)

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

I ordered a Ford Mach-E Cal Route (the long rang equivalent) last September. The build date dragged and dragged, and when Tesla dropped prices at the end of the year, I ended up buying a Y LR, with 2 years free super-charging.

I've been very happy with the decision, but the Ford dealership called me Friday to let me know my Mach-E arrived. They'd forgotten I'd cancelled it, and had refunded the deposit in January. Curiosity got the better of me, so I stopped by and put them next to each other.

While I love my Y, the charging network, the additional trunk space, and not having to work through a 'dealer network', etc etc I can't help but think the mach-e looks a little better.

I still made the right decision. Right ?! :)

View attachment 929261

View attachment 929263

View attachment 929264
Would you rather be in a Y looking at a Mach E, or in a Mach E looking at a Y?

...while charging

...and watching Netflix

(I think the Y looks better, but that's not important)

i agree with others mach-e looks better on outside.. i disagree on inside though while the steering wheel is nice i loathe the horrendous giant volume knob in the middle of the screen.. for that reason i prefer the Y interior

better efficiency - more space - SC network still make the Y a better choice - if/when they open the SC network it'll be a bit tighter race

also more aftermarket accessories for Y (like lift kit to make it a proper SUV)

Reactions: cusetownusa
I don't get why everyone likes the MME (I know that's a popular opinion, too).

The Tesla is so clean, nothing to disturb the air. Body is slick, functional air vents in the bumper, no antenna, even the charge port is hard to see unless you know it's there. I know that can seem boring to most, but to me it's the beauty of it.

As for the interior... well I'm not 100% on love with it, but it works

Ask Sandy Munro which one is better.

The above video is a good example of why I wouldn't buy the Ford. Each to his own. On a side note: My son purchased an Audi just before the first of the year - that being said - living in South West Montana, I can travel anywhere and not worry about a Super Charger. My son on the other hand can NOT travel North or East without ANY charging options, other than a few slow 9 kw chargers. We (he) are anxiously waiting for more fast charging options. And on one other side note - he has to go to the dealership 100 miles to the south east to get any software updates (which there have been none.) Many reasons to stick with Tesla.

The Ford Mustang Mach-E supports wireless Apple Carplay (also Android Auto.) Ford remains committed to Apple Carplay so you can use Waze.

GM recently announced that future GM vehicles including the 2024 Blazer EV and 2024 Equinox EV will not support Apple Carplay (not sure about Android Auto.) More auto manufacturers seem to be following Tesla in locking down the user infotainment experience. This forces customers to purchase subscription services for things like satellite navigation, real time traffic updates and streaming audio services such as Spotify.

Unfortunately the 2023 Mustang Mach-E (standard range and long range models) only qualify for half ($3,750) of the $7,500 US federal tax credit. All 2023 models of the Tesla Model Y qualify for the full ($7,500) federal tax credit.

Last edited:
The Ford Mustang Mach-E supports wireless Apple Carplay (also Android Auto.) Ford remains committed to Apple Carplay so you can use Waze.

GM recently announced that future GM vehicles including the 2024 Blazer EV and 2024 Equinox EV will not support Apple Carplay (not sure about Android Auto.) More auto manufacturers seem to be following Tesla in locking down the user infotainment experience. This forces customers to purchase subscription services for things like satellite navigation, real time traffic updates and streaming audio services such as Spotify.

Unfortunately the 2023 Mustang Mach-E (standard range and long range models) only qualify for half ($3,750) of the $7,500 US federal tax credit. All 2023 models of the Tesla Model Y qualify for the full ($7,500) federal tax credit.
The new GM infotainment system will run Android Auto and will have Google Maps installed. A smartphone is not needed. No connection issues. However, you may need another data subscription. GM likes that anyway for Onstar emergency service.