Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mach-E and my Y. Side by Side pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it could have been funnier if he used a more applicable voice command.. but nobody uses a voice command to find a supercharger.. and other cars cant even find a supercharger.. hence why this has been declared a meme fail
Are you sure I'm the one who doesn't know how memes work?

That's part of the ridiculous hyperbole... and the reference to make it specifically Tesla (because no other cars would need a voice command for "superchargers").

Just the fact your are critiquing it makes it even more hilarious... and my meme cop even more appropriate.

It's all in good fun... let's just agree we see memes differently.

Mine worked okay in the cars I had although it was not polished, but even if it was it still doesn't beat a manual input for simple things. The things voice are good at like navigation or controlling audio apps, most people are using android auto/carplay for anyways and it works better than Tesla.

There is a reason for the recent shortcut and menu updates Tesla has implemented and how well received they have been, because physical inputs are still the quickest, easiest, and safest way to do it.
That's true. TBH, voice commands are the one thing that I miss from Android Auto.

And that update was really nice for me. The lack of a simple glovebox button was always my #1 complaint with the car's UX.

Are you sure I'm the one who doesn't know how memes work?

That's part of the ridiculous hyperbole... and the reference to make it specifically Tesla (because no other cars would need a voice command for "superchargers").

Just the fact your are critiquing it makes it even more hilarious... and my meme cop even more appropriate.

It's all in good fun... let's just agree we see memes differently.
1epkkh.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: TomB985
Do you not remember the v11 update? Maybe you got yours after they updated the update but many of the controls you mention (esp the seat heaters) were not accessible from the main screen. Sometime after, they added the ability to put those back on the main screen even after Elon said "The car should know automatically you want your seat heaters on" (he didn't really say that exactly but he implied that saying you don't need shortcuts on the main screen).
The automatic function of seat and steering wheel heaters coordinating with automatic temperature control is an excellent example of: "The car should know automatically you want your seat heaters on." Works great...

We are on V12.5.3 Are you just shouting at clouds? 😄

Do you not remember the v11 update? Maybe you got yours after they updated the update but many of the controls you mention (esp the seat heaters) were not accessible from the main screen. Sometime after, they added the ability to put those back on the main screen even after Elon said "The car should know automatically you want your seat heaters on" (he didn't really say that exactly but he implied that saying you don't need shortcuts on the main screen).

We are on V12.5.3 Are you just shouting at clouds? 😄
Why ask me a question if you're not reading the answer?

You asked what often used functions got buried a few clicks down and I told you... Tesla has since changed it because they realized what a mistake that was.
'
And in V12, they have added even more ways to shortcut to things... via a physical control... what does that mean?

You asked what often used functions got buried a few clicks down and I told you... Tesla has since changed it because they realized what a mistake that was.
'
And in V12, they have added even more ways to shortcut to things... via a physical control... what does that mean?
Sorry you don't get the joke, I guess if I have to explain it, it's not that funny.

the mach E obviously still has many buttons

Actually... the Mach E doesn't have many buttons.

I had thought they did but are pretty minimalist on HVAC and Entertainment controls. My friend told me that there was an OTA update that made the HVAC/Ent screen controls more intuitive so Tesla isn't the only one with UI/UX issues.

Sizewise, the interior of the Mach-E feels bigger to me and the seats are more upright.

'
bruh lighten up 😄 we're not curing cancer here

bruh lighten up 😄 we're not curing cancer here
You asked me a question, I answered. Isn't that what forums are for? To discuss things?

Now let's get back on topic... seems only a few here actually have opinions on the Mach-E.

And don't get me wrong, there are many things that Tesla does that is way better than everyone else... phone as a key (Ford still is struggling with that), native messaging system (although it can't do group chats, the visual text is much better than CarPlay where they have to read EVERYTHING to you), and lots of small things that are upgrades on other cars (one touch up/down on all 4 windows).

I like that every "trim" of the Model Y is the same except for battery and performance... but all features are the same like power tailgate, power rear seat fold down release, glass roof. power seats etc. For a Mach-E and almost every other EV, there are not only 3+ trim levels, but battery size, 2WD vs AWD, and package x or packages y.

You asked me a question, I answered. Isn't that what forums are for? To discuss things?

Now let's get back on topic... seems only a few here actually have opinions on the Mach-E.

And don't get me wrong, there are many things that Tesla does that is way better than everyone else... phone as a key (Ford still is struggling with that), native messaging system (although it can't do group chats, the visual text is much better than CarPlay where they have to read EVERYTHING to you), and lots of small things that are upgrades on other cars (one touch up/down on all 4 windows).

I like that every "trim" of the Model Y is the same except for battery and performance... but all features are the same like power tailgate, power rear seat fold down release, glass roof. power seats etc. For a Mach-E and almost every other EV, there are not only 3+ trim levels, but battery size, 2WD vs AWD, and package x or packages y.

In Canada the pricing is close and I am surprised there isn't more demand for the Mach E. Mach E RWD is 4k cheaper than MY RWD, the AWD big battery is 2-3K more base cost, but add a paint colour and it's basically the same as MY LR

I think the Y is superior but for people that don't care about tech, only charging at home and just want to a vehicle to drive the Mach E is likely a better choice. I've taken my dad and my wife on test drives for both and both prefer driving the Mach E. They both prefer how it looks as well.

About trim levels - I wish the Y had some options. I would love an adaptive suspension option

Reactions: BigNerd
i mostly agree.. the biggest thing that annoys me is when the HVAC turns on if i want to even look at the HVAC settings... and that i have to scroll to turn the HVAC off
Not sure I understand why you'd need to scroll. The power button is right on the upper left when the HVAC controls are up. BTW, a quick swipe up from bottom always brings up HVAC controls, no matter what screen you're on.

Reactions: Yelobird