Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now after reading posts here and in May 2021 waiting room, I think instead of saying "<yourname>'s Tesla" at the top of your account page, it should just say "Your imaginary Tesla". It really is starting to feel like a pipe dream to actually get a VIN and a delivery. Maybe I should quit reading posts in all these waiting rooms. Especially the one for people who got a VIN, had a delivery date, then got screwed. Yow. Probably time to slowly back away from the computer and go put more gas in my 4runner.

Now after reading posts here and in May 2021 waiting room, I think instead of saying "<yourname>'s Tesla" at the top of your account page, it should just say "Your imaginary Tesla". It really is starting to feel like a pipe dream to actually get a VIN and a delivery. Maybe I should quit reading posts in all these waiting rooms. Especially the one for people who got a VIN, had a delivery date, then got screwed. Yow. Probably time to slowly back away from the computer and go put more gas in my 4runner.
5/21 order, EDD "October." No VIN

Profile completed 6/26/21. EDD:October. Ughh. Hoping September brings us some VINs. What do you guys know about west coast deliveries? I hear cars are shipped out to east coast first, then Bay Area and other west coast gets it towards the end of the quarter?

Profile completed 6/26/21. EDD:October. Ughh. Hoping September brings us some VINs. What do you guys know about west coast deliveries? I hear cars are shipped out to east coast first, then Bay Area and other west coast gets it towards the end of the quarter?
Just from looking around the forums, it seems like there have been a lot of east coast delivery the past 2-3 weeks and very few west coast. Its likely there will be a lot of west cost action during the month of september

Reactions: MarjLa388
It may have been a mistake to make the comment I did above. Now, not only does my EDD say October, at the top of my account page is just says " 's Tesla" , no joke, no name , just an apostrophe s and the word Tesla. I take it back Elon! OR - maybe this is just proof that they are working on website updates and we can all just ignore this "October" nonsense....

Your dates look pretty firm. I ordered this Y for my wife. I ordered a 3 for me three weeks after I ordered hers. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. This car better come this time. Or there may be problems.
What makes you say my dates are firm? Just curious because with the dates constantly jumping around I can’t tell when “I’m close”.
What was the order date of your Y? and what about your 3-when did you take delivery?

Reactions: MTBevrider
I’m guessing he was referencing your smaller EDD window. I think they are trying to get you in EOQ but a smaller window is only good when it’s close (say in the next 5-10 days). Small windows at EOQ just means you might get squeezed in. The smaller the window the worse the chances are I think. Just my perspective.