Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y wheel options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wheel: 20” TSS Flow Forged
Finish: Matte Black
Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3+ 255/40/20 101Y XL
Other: Uses factory lug nuts & our matte black lug nut covers, accepts factory center cap, uses original Bluetooth TPMS. Fits all Model Y variants (Long Range Dual Motor, Performance Stealth, Performance).
Love those wheels - they're going on my Model Y when I get it. Practicing patience...

When Tesla delivered their brand new model Y to customer, the two main issues that people complain about the 21” Uberturbine Wheel are the heavy weight and wheel sticking out pass the tire. (Easy to curb the wheels)

Brian from i1Tesla and I went on a chat and discuss what will be the best of both world 21” setup for his Model Y, and here is what he is looking for:

1: Fully forged
2: Lightweight
3: Factory 21” fitment
4: More sidewall protection
5: Rotatable

Here is the result, we made it happened.
Signature wheel SV503: (Store Link)
-Weight 24lb each (21” Uberturbine weight 38lb)
-21x9 ET34 & ET29 (21” OEM fitment)
-0.5 narrower width for more sidewall protection
-Rotatable setup ( tire need to be dismount and swap around. Think of a $100 for wheel rotation every 10k miles)

Model Y SV503.png

-21x9 ET34 & ET29 (21” OEM fitment)
Is it a requirement to have different offsets for the front and back? Or was this done to match the stock performance wheels exactly?
I really like these wheels, but I'm thinking of going with 20" instead of 21", but equal offset so the rotation would be easier.

Also Brian from i1Tesla mentioned possibly using bigger tires for more sidewall, which I would prefer also, but wouldn't that change the circumference and change the speed calibration of the car?

Is it a requirement to have different offsets for the front and back? Or was this done to match the stock performance wheels exactly?
I really like these wheels, but I'm thinking of going with 20" instead of 21", but equal offset so the rotation would be easier.

Also Brian from i1Tesla mentioned possibly using bigger tires for more sidewall, which I would prefer also, but wouldn't that change the circumference and change the speed calibration of the car?

Correct. This setup is matching the OEM performance setup.

We can build 20" for the model Y in square setup for easy rotation. There's plenty of space for taller tire. If you are looking for max efficiency and comfort, you can run 10mm narrower but with 5% higher aspect ratio tire. Ex. 245/45/20 (Stock size is 255/40/20) The speedo error will be within 3%. At 60mph, the new setup will read 58.64mph.

The wheel can be build base on your need, feel free to message me or ask question on our Official thread

Wheel: 19” FALCON Y Limited Edition Wheel
Finish: Ecliptic Black
Tires: Continental ProContact RX 255/45/19 104W XL factory tire
Other: Uses factory lug nuts & our matte black lug nut covers, accepts factory center cap, uses original Bluetooth TPMS.
Fits all Model Y variants (Long Range Dual Motor, Performance Stealth & Performance)

Complete XPEL STEALTH PAINT PROTECTION
IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0543.jpeg

Reactions: Kelr316
Are the offsets on your soon to be released 19" TST and TSS wheels different than the Gemini factory wheels? Looks like both stock and your rim size are 9x9.5", but the stock offset is 45 offset and yours appear to be 35. If so, does that mean your wheels will be more recessed than factory?

No, they will move 10mm to the outside for a more sporty performance look.