Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stand completely corrected, My M3P delivered today has been extraordinary. My Model 3 LR from last year (2020) was horrendous with rattling. The doors to the dash rattled intensely but after listening today I almost shed a tear how well built they’ve made the new models
Congrats! So, can you tell us if it had any of the new features? How many speakers?

Congrats! So, can you tell us if it had any of the new features? How many speakers?
To be extremely honest, going from 14 speakers to 13 speakers I cannot tell a single difference. My dashboard used to rattle on any form of bass and that is now gone, the music never sounded so clean and full. System sounds better than before definitely because of the improved build, definitely no AMD ryzen chip included that’s for sure and none of the additional features listed in this forum. I think it’s too soon for all of that

To be extremely honest, going from 14 speakers to 13 speakers I cannot tell a single difference. My dashboard used to rattle on any form of bass and that is now gone, the music never sounded so clean and full. System sounds better than before definitely because of the improved build, definitely no AMD ryzen chip included that’s for sure and none of the additional features listed in this forum. I think it’s too soon for all of that
Double glazing ? Did you have the holiday update installed at delivery time? (New UI)

Reactions: HarpoonS
Tesla has formally announced the full list of near-term updates, most notably the faster infotainment processor, far side airbag, and "lifetime" lithium 12V battery so it's probably a pretty safe bet that most/all of the updates will be appearing in January US deliveries.
Outside of the original article listed 2 weeks ago that was sourced overseas, I see no formal announcement such changes will be coming to the US-built plant anytime soon? Did I miss something or are you just overly optimistic?

Did you pick up your car? If so, congrats! So what does it have and not have. Anxious as mine should be delivered sometime in January.
Yes i did! Sorry, was driving down to vacation. The rear windows are not like the front ones..... it does not have the new rear motor. The Pannel gaps a perfect, my 2021MY was a little worse but nothing i would call bad. My new M3P has no squeaks or rattles or any problems i can see for now. Let me know if you have any other questions...

Reactions: JanG007
Now playing a bit of delay musical chairs with my order. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed I don't have to cancel and re-order to get the upgrades. Apparently Tesla has become more strict with delaying orders and there is a limited amount of extensions allowed and they are all short duration before your order is automatically cancelled and you lose your deposit 😬

I am in the same boat as you, In Europe (at least here in Switzerland) you can pick when you want your car to be delivered. I put my order in last September to have the M3P delivered in March 22. Not sure we will have these upgrade here by then and will need to contact Tesla by end of January to confirm. Hopefully by then we will start seeing these ugraded cars here by mid Jan

I ordered an M3P on 19 December with estimated delivery of March. Tesla contacted me to ask if I wanted to take accelerated delivery of one to my spec, but I declined. I'd already seen these rumoured changes and prefer to wait for them, assuming they will start to appear on 22MY deliveries...

Yes i did! Sorry, was driving down to vacation. The rear windows are not like the front ones..... it does not have the new rear motor. The Pannel gaps a perfect, my 2021MY was a little worse but nothing i would call bad. My new M3P has no squeaks or rattles or any problems i can see for now. Let me know if you have any other questions...
Ah so you got an "old" new car lol. There's always something new around the corner, best to enjoy the car now. New battery tech will be the most significant upgrade but that's a while away.