Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this same message and forgot to take a screenshot like this and just clicked accept delivery, due March 2-16. I was assigned a VIN LRW3F7EL4NC485XXX the letter L at position 8 means I get the Hairpin Windings motor on my M3P.

I am wondering if this gives better acceleration compared to the previous motor? It is more efficient so I guess that translates to better responsiveness?

I’m waiting on my SA to give me further info on whether I get dual pane rear windows or the 15.5V LG lithium battery?

• Informative
Reactions: M3PDOC and lUtriaNt
I got this same message and forgot to take a screenshot like this and just clicked accept delivery, due March 2-16. I was assigned a VIN LRW3F7EL4NC485XXX the letter L at position 8 means I get the Hairpin Windings motor on my M3P.

I am wondering if this gives better acceleration compared to the previous motor? It is more efficient so I guess that translates to better responsiveness?

I’m waiting on my SA to give me further info on whether I get dual pane rear windows or the 15.5V LG lithium battery?

I don’t think the specs for the car has changed. I suspect some of that extra efficiency might be translatable into more power but that hasn’t been done. At least no reports of that yet that I’ve read.

I would assume that extra efficiency, and nothing else, would be translated into lower power usage. That’s probably not linear.. Eg different savings at different power draws.

There was a great breakdown earlier in this thread on the possible advantages of the motor see page 3.

Reactions: EFB055

All aussie SA's have been given the same info, yes to the new low voltage battery, yes to the new AMD chip, no to dual pane rear windows (That's not a feature that's being introduced on M3's at the moment).

Do you guys think Ryan Shaw’s note of potential Air Suspension holds any weight now that the M3P no longer shows lowered suspension? Honestly an M3P with Air suspension, hairpin motor (hopefully pushing into the high 2s 0-60), front and rear double panel glass, AMD ryzen chip and potential ventilated seats would make me sell my 3 week old car for a small loss in a heart beat 😂

Highly doubt the M3P is getting air suspension any time soon. Maybe as an optional upgrade down the line.

Most simple explanation is Tesla doesn't think the lowered suspension is a big selling point and wants to just sell the same suspension across the range. The other possibility that comes to mind is that perhaps the current RWD model 3 actually sits lower than it used to thanks to the heavier battery, and Tesla doesn't want to advertise the M3P as being 1cm lower when that isn't universally true.

Reactions: HarpoonS
Do you guys think Ryan Shaw’s note of potential Air Suspension holds any weight now that the M3P no longer shows lowered suspension? Honestly an M3P with Air suspension, hairpin motor (hopefully pushing into the high 2s 0-60), front and rear double panel glass, AMD ryzen chip and potential ventilated seats would make me sell my 3 week old car for a small loss in a heart beat 😂
The air suspension has been a rumor for over a year. It was in a manual that was leaked for the model 3 last year but Elon said “not anytime soon”. I bet we see the ryzen chip, 15v lithium ion battery, and hairpin motor by the end of Q2. Then double plain glass in Q3. Then possibly ventilated seats and air suspension later, possibly Q4.

Highly doubt the M3P is getting air suspension any time soon. Maybe as an optional upgrade down the line.

Most simple explanation is Tesla doesn't think the lowered suspension is a big selling point and wants to just sell the same suspension across the range. The other possibility that comes to mind is that perhaps the current RWD model 3 actually sits lower than it used to thanks to the heavier battery, and Tesla doesn't want to advertise the M3P as being 1cm lower when that isn't universally true.
This one UK channel make comparision of suapensions and there was lot of difference between cars. So maybe in specs?

Reactions: M3PDOC
This one UK channel make comparision of suapensions and there was lot of difference between cars. So maybe in specs?

Yeah not surprising. Even with traditional automakers, there always seemed to be a fair bit of ride height variation even in identically equipped cars. Of all the changes Tesla could make, this isn't one I'd worry about.

What I would be curious about is if the spring rates are any different

The air suspension has been a rumor for over a year. It was in a manual that was leaked for the model 3 last year but Elon said “not anytime soon”. I bet we see the ryzen chip, 15v lithium ion battery, and hairpin motor by the end of Q2. Then double plain glass in Q3. Then possibly ventilated seats and air suspension later, possibly Q4.

US M3P's are already coming with L-ion, and Ryzen chips right now.