Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that’s no enough charging ports, you can always add one of these to charge an ADDITIONAL 4 devices.

One can never have too many charging ports.
Nah I'd never use that 😉, it's powered by the car's USB-C ports so it's just splitting up their power, plus its own overhead (hopefully minor).

But yes I do keep an extra USB power supply in the car...a cig lighter one with 45W USB-C + 12W USB-A. Just in case I need more USB power. 😁

Managed to get the COC for my M3P with an estimated delivery mid-feb.
VIN : LRW3E7EL3NCxxxxxx
Variant : E3LD
Version : PQp2s5N
Engine code as marked on engine : 3D3 (front only ); 3D6 (rear only )
Maximum net power : 158 kW (front); 219 kW (rear)

• Informative
Reactions: milesr3
Whats up with the suspension? Apparently 22 M3P's don't get the "Sportier suspension" and it was removed from the order
Honestly it was never much sportier, at least not for 2021. It was just a little bit lower and that's all. You're not missing anything. I say this based on my test drives of October 2021 Fremont built cars, plus my own 2021 M3P. I'm glad I went for the M3P, but not because the suspension is better - it's not.

Note there are many reports from owners of older Model 3's feeling that the suspension has gotten softer in newer ones. That doesn't seem to have any correlation with trim level though, e.g. a 2021 M3P reportedly feels softer than a 2018 M3LR. (That's just what I've read, it's been too long since I drove a pre-2021 Model 3 for me to give a firsthand comparison.)

Managed to get the COC for my M3P with an estimated delivery mid-feb.
VIN : LRW3E7EL3NCxxxxxx
Variant : E3LD
Version : PQp2s5N
Engine code as marked on engine : 3D3 (front only ); 3D6 (rear only )
Maximum net power : 158 kW (front); 219 kW (rear)
Mine is coming end February/early March Sydney, Australia
VIN: LRW3F7EL4NC485XXX
Build Date: 09/01/2022
Engine Number: Front:TG321338002V2T Rear:TG322009002M20
How do you know engine codes and power figures?

I'm not sure about US, but it's required in EU to be able register a new car.

What Is Certificate of conformity (COC)?​

A COC (Certificate of Conformity) is a declaration of the conformity with the type approval of EC. The purpose of this document is to ensure the free movement of goods within the European Union, specifically for those goods that are subject to homologation and registration.
A COC document is a producer’s declaration that the vehicle complies with the given approved type. This document contains information about the vehicle and its producer’s identification, type approval number, technical specifications and other data. The content of a COC is defined by EU regulation (Amendment IX, Regulation 92/53).

Reactions: Benzz
Honestly it was never much sportier, at least not for 2021. It was just a little bit lower and that's all. You're not missing anything. I say this based on my test drives of October 2021 Fremont built cars, plus my own 2021 M3P. I'm glad I went for the M3P, but not because the suspension is better - it's not.

Note there are many reports from owners of older Model 3's feeling that the suspension has gotten softer in newer ones. That doesn't seem to have any correlation with trim level though, e.g. a 2021 M3P reportedly feels softer than a 2018 M3LR. (That's just what I've read, it's been too long since I drove a pre-2021 Model 3 for me to give a firsthand comparison.)

This sucks, I drive sports cars primarily and like my '21's M3P's feel. I'll send a text today if I can test drive this before cause it's ridiculous they just change things mid order.

This sucks, I drive sports cars primarily and like my '21's M3P's feel.
There is some speculation that the M3P ride height isn’t actually lower. See here, where a ‘21 M3P was 5mm higher than RWD/LR.

My guess is that the M3P has firmer springs which must then be shorter to achieve the same ride height. This has been confused with lower suspension and the misnomer has been corrected.

This sucks, I drive sports cars primarily and like my '21's M3P's feel. I'll send a text today if I can test drive this before cause it's ridiculous they just change things mid order.
What I'm telling you is the M3P will feel and handle essentially the same with or without the "lower" suspension. The only difference is it was very slightly lower, that's all, it was NOT a higher performing suspension in any meaningful way. If you want that you always needed to go aftermarket.

99% of the handling difference between 2021 M3P (with PUP) and 2021 LR is just from the stock tires, nothing more. Put the same wheels+tires on each and I promise you they'll feel and handle the same.

If your 2022 M3P won't have the "lower" suspension from Tesla don't sweat it, you're not missing out on anything useful.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson
O
I'm not sure about US, but it's required in EU to be able register a new car.

What Is Certificate of conformity (COC)?​

A COC (Certificate of Conformity) is a declaration of the conformity with the type approval of EC. The purpose of this document is to ensure the free movement of goods within the European Union, specifically for those goods that are subject to homologation and registration.
A COC document is a producer’s declaration that the vehicle complies with the given approved type. This document contains information about the vehicle and its producer’s identification, type approval number, technical specifications and other data. The content of a COC is defined by EU regulation (Amendment IX, Regulation 92/5
Ok it must be an EU thing as we don’t have that in Australia.
I’ll just have to wait for the actual car since my SA gives me no information

So yeah, Tesla rep confirmed my car won't come lower then an LR or whatever which overall sucks. I liked the height on my 21 and don't want to do aftermarket. Hoping it's as minimal as people say.
Why are you upgrading from 2021 M3P to 2022 M3P btw? Just asking because 2021 -> 2022 seems like a really minor upgrade to bother with at the same trim level (M3P vs M3P). Unless your 2021 was an early one without most of the new-for-2021 features?