Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2024 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered one last night hoping I’d get a new factory one as well when there was an exact match within 50 miles of me in Inventory. They assigned me a VIN within 10 minutes of ordering. Weirdly enough, the local one still shows up in Inventory when you look online.
Tesla typically have bunch of cars with same configuration, they will only show one in the inventory but likely they have more.

Tesla is going to struggle this quarter to sell due to economic conditions. I would wait till year end.

Just assigned my MY Long Range VIN today and it's a 2023 (10th digit is P). Might push back until I get a 2024 but it's a lease so not sure if it makes a difference...

*Edited to note I'm taking delivery of a US based MY just in case my profile location confuses anyone ;)

lol is there a reason I shouldn't care? Always a chance Tesla drops prices further in the next few years and I suddenly get the option to buy after the lease end. Also no idea if 2024's might decide to have some of the upgrades I've seen floating around...
If Tesla drops prices in the future, and they allow lease buyouts, the price changes wouldn’t be seen by you. Your residual would be contractually set at the time of lease signing. So if Tesla drops their prices, your residual would be higher since it was set based off the initial higher price. You’d be better off buying or leasing a new Tesla at the lower price point than buying your lease out.

lol is there a reason I shouldn't care? Always a chance Tesla drops prices further in the next few years and I suddenly get the option to buy after the lease end. Also no idea if 2024's might decide to have some of the upgrades I've seen floating around...
Which upgrades are those? Don't count on getting anything until you see it confirmed that someone actually has it. Even then, a particular run of cars may NOT have them. Things don't work sequentially in Teslaland...

Reactions: DJ DizzR and Lumens
Just assigned my MY Long Range VIN today and it's a 2023 (10th digit is P). Might push back until I get a 2024 but it's a lease so not sure if it makes a difference...

*Edited to note I'm taking delivery of a US based MY just in case my profile location confuses anyone ;)
As far as I know, all Model Y leases are closed end contracts (mine is) and they will not let you buy it after (at least not as a lease buyout from your contract). I was warned that Tesla will not let me buy the car after the lease due to other business channels they are planning to move those vehicles to.

That is not correct. I leased my Y 2.5 years ago before prices went up and I know closed end leases with Tesla existed far before that.
They never offered EOL buy-outs on the 3/Y. The S/X has that up until April of 2022, I believe. Anything purchased after that date is no longer eligible. See:

Reactions: richyrich and Pitt