Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ModelX Interior lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please post some photos?

Also, kindly share the link to the product. Thank you
15598297175506936606460091365975.jpg
15598297889521617069769701607021.jpg
15598298443002254002417748727419.jpg
blue lights in pic 1
Purple light in trunk pic 2
Red door light/spacex tesla variation pic 3

• Informative
Reactions: GraemeS
Hi - exploring my Raven Model X. Thinking about upgrading the lights. I notice on the Abstract Ocean site it says there are 2 lights in the trunk - one on the right side and one on the lift gate.

I only have one on the lift gate and none in the interior trunk. Can others confirm there is only 1 in the trunk?
C0186E3D-8C53-480D-BD4A-A160BAAD167C.jpeg 998B4169-1E9B-4EBA-82AD-04F0C9A303DD.jpeg861B9AC2-454C-4D5C-85AB-76EF89FBAFDF.jpegD24E03E7-5DD1-4AA2-BCCD-22227BEB0A37.jpeg3CE19F6C-A347-4149-87EA-379EC8D630BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi - exploring my Raven Model X. Thinking about upgrading the lights. I notice on the Abstract Ocean site it says there are 2 lights in the trunk - one on the right side and one on the lift gate.

I only have one on the lift gate and none in the interior trunk. Can others confirm there is only 1 in the trunk?
View attachment 426797 View attachment 426798View attachment 426800View attachment 426803View attachment 426806
That might be new to ravens, i have a 2018 X and it has 2 lights, on the door and on the drivers side in an indenture, post pic if needed

That might be new to ravens, i have a 2018 X and it has 2 lights, on the door and on the drivers side in an indenture, post pic if needed
I found it on the left. The DAErik install video I watched showed it on the right.

I’m wondering a few things:
  • I’m replacing 7 out of the 11 white bulbs - leaving the 4 footwells as stock and just doing the puddles, frunk, trunk, and glovebox. Won’t the footwells make the interior too bright? All the pics show you can see everything under the chairs - what if I don’t want people seeing my Cheeto crumbs :)
  • What if a Tesla puddle light was put into the trunk lift gate - would it project a “T” when the trunk opens and how would that look? I’m not doing it as I don’t like projection lights, I’m just curious if anyone else did it.

I found it on the left. The DAErik install video I watched showed it on the right.

• I’m replacing 7 out of the 11 white bulbs - leaving the 4 footwells as stock and just doing the puddles, frunk, trunk, and glovebox. Won’t the footwells make the interior too bright? All the pics show you can see everything under the chairs - what if I don’t want people seeing my Cheeto crumbs :)
  • What if a Tesla puddle light was put into the trunk lift gate - would it project a “T” when the trunk opens and how would that look? I’m not doing it as I don’t like projection lights, I’m just curious if anyone else did it.
I can answer the second question - no, unfortunately not. We did try to make that option back in the early days (for Model 3), but it would never really look right, plus (on the S) many people don't have the trunk open all the way, so that meant the bulb would need to be rotatable. All in all, it was one of our prototypes that didn't make it. For the footwells, the blue bulbs are actually quite subtle if you don't want something super-bright; some photos make them look a lot brighter than they are just because of the low-light compensation on the camera. That said, You're still shining onto a black carpet, so even the white bulbs really aren't overpowering, but I may be biased :)

I'd recommend replacing the red lights on the end of the doors as well.

Reactions: DCGOO
Hi TKGA,

I replaced all of my interior LED lights, including the red ones...
I believe their purpose is to alert or to warn oncoming drivers that the door is open.
With some of the drivers out here there is no possibility of being too bright.

Shawn

Reactions: TKGA
I replaced all of mine, blue in the foot wells. Tesla T puddle lights. The only one I skipped was the glove compartment. I have one for it, but I am so rarely in there it is hardly worth the trouble. Will probably get to it someday. Really like the blue in the foot wells.

Reactions: TKGA
I tested the footwells and decided I like the stock footwell lighting. The white seats and overhead lights are enough for me on the interior.

I ended up doing 7 white light replacements - 2 in the frunk, 2 in the trunk, 2 at the bottom of the front doors, and 1 in the glovebox. I especially love the bright puddle light entering into white seats and black floors - it is like a spotlight welcoming you to the car. I also put in the performance pedals, and to me the aluminum stands out more with stock footwell lighting against the black luxe mats.

I added 2 stick on magnet lights to the interior - 1 to the center console and 1 to the cubby drawer I added. I found the cubby drawer light especially eye-catching - see picture.
9CDAFA48-7BB0-4ABC-9CB3-140EE10840BE.jpeg 78AC315E-6229-45BF-B92D-9009E30C0AAF.jpeg 705CD95D-E4F5-4F41-824F-872E6F3AE2D6.jpeg

Reactions: jlv1
I replaced all of mine, blue in the foot wells. Tesla T puddle lights. The only one I skipped was the glove compartment. I have one for it, but I am so rarely in there it is hardly worth the trouble. Will probably get to it someday. Really like the blue in the foot wells.

Funny you said this. I had my detail shop put the lights in when they were doing all the other "stuff" to my Model X. They left out the glove box as well. I was sort of thinking the same thing you were... not in there much and I will get to it eventually. :D