Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

modelxmas limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After taking time off for the holiday, I went back to work today. I brought a few coworkers out to the parking lot to show them the modelxmas show, but it didn't work. I have done it several times, so I know how to start it. Just wondering if there is a limit to the number of times you can do it, or if it stopped working on some particular date?

Did this stop working for anyone else?

I just got mine back today out of service, was thinking of doing it the first time but it does look like it is a little unnecessarily rough on the FWDs so opting not to. Don't want to ask for more issues. I wouldn't be surprised if they limit it, say to max of 5-10 range.

• Helpful
Reactions: araxara
Thanks everyone. I have done it 5 times. Not sure why it didn't work today. The bass started, but the windows didn't roll down and then it stopped. There were other cars around, but they were ~5 feet away. Now that I know it is just me, I'll try it someplace with more clearance. I assumed that if it was a clearance thing, the FWDs would have partially opened and then stopped.

Now my coworkers think I don't know how to operate my high-tech toy. :)

So it wasn't just me. This is what I experience every time I try it unless I remain in the car when I press the fob lock button. I assumed it had something to do with my energy or door settings, but if you had it work and then not with no other changes, then it must be something else. I would also assume it has nothing to do with a limit. A Model X Easter egg mystery.

Reactions: Patrick0101
I found that if you look at the "door" screen under controls prior to starting the show, if you see a pulsing radar animation anywhere around the car, the demonstration will not start.

That must be it. I was not walking far enough away when hitting the lock button. I think I was trying to see what the center screen might have been saying. Will try again this evening and report back.