Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Molded mud flaps arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the front passenger flap. Back flaps look flush.

If that’s the front then what order did you attach it to the car? Bottom clips first the. Pre-drill a small pilot hole? If so, pushing too hard on the drill will force the liner to flex away from the wheel which causes the pilot to be closer to the outer edge which would result in the splash guard getting pushed out. Remove the screw and push the guard against the body flush and see how much further in the screw needs to be, drill a new pilot and go with that. Hopefully you have enough room to do that. If it’s too close to the existing pilot, you may need to fill it with some kind of epoxy or glue gun type of material first.

• Helpful
Reactions: hallucinate
I just put mine on, went for the painted gloss black ones on Amazon. Real simple install, although the rears are more solid than the front. There's too much flex in that wheel liner but they sit flush at least. One thing for sure, if you like your paint you will buy these. I have a little over 3000 miles on my car and my paint was already deteriorating.
IMG_4323.JPG
IMG_4324.JPG
IMG_4325.JPG
IMG_4326.JPG

I just put mine on, went for the painted gloss black ones on Amazon. Real simple install, although the rears are more solid than the front. There's too much flex in that wheel liner but they sit flush at least. One thing for sure, if you like your paint you will buy these. I have a little over 3000 miles on my car and my paint was already deteriorating.
View attachment 441793 View attachment 441792 View attachment 441794 View attachment 441796

"Wow" :eek: on the paint damage - and you have one of the most expensive multi-coat Telsa paint offerings out there... At least the flaps will cover that up and offer protection going forward. What did it cost you to get the painted version of those Chinese made flaps? $39.99? o_O

"Wow" :eek: on the paint damage - and you have one of the most expensive multi-coat Telsa paint offerings out there... At least the flaps will cover that up and offer protection going forward. What did it cost you to get the painted version of those Chinese made flaps? $39.99? o_O

yeah, $40. Although the red is amazing, the paint is the most disappointing part of the car, they really need to fix it.

yeah, $40. Although the red is amazing, the paint is the most disappointing part of the car, they really need to fix it.

I'm surprised by that, having almost bought the red over MSM, which I ended up buying. I would have thought the red would have been the most durable. knock on wood, the MSM has held up great for me so far, but then again, I have just over 1000 miles on it.

I got the exact same from Amazon. Basenor was the vendor. Rears get an A+. Fronts screw into the inner plastic fender well the top of the flaps move a bit so the will eventually scratch the finish. Not sure why the fronts did not use a cleat like the rears. The previously mentioned tape may be a good thing to do. The do look nice on my midnight silver.

I got the exact same from Amazon. Basenor was the vendor. Rears get an A+. Fronts screw into the inner plastic fender well the top of the flaps move a bit so the will eventually scratch the finish. Not sure why the fronts did not use a cleat like the rears. The previously mentioned tape may be a good thing to do. The do look nice on my midnight silver.

Good idea to add the tape. ;) I'm heading out to the garage now to do that for the movement reasons you state!

View attachment 441793 View attachment 441792 View attachment 441794 View attachment 441796

@Shizzrock,

Can you get a few photos of those on your car outside? i.e. quartering, profile, rear and front of the flap view? Are those ‘cupped’ out like the others on the front side?

Ski

If that’s the front then what order did you attach it to the car? Bottom clips first the. Pre-drill a small pilot hole? If so, pushing too hard on the drill will force the liner to flex away from the wheel which causes the pilot to be closer to the outer edge which would result in the splash guard getting pushed out. Remove the screw and push the guard against the body flush and see how much further in the screw needs to be, drill a new pilot and go with that. Hopefully you have enough room to do that. If it’s too close to the existing pilot, you may need to fill it with some kind of epoxy or glue gun type of material first.

Yep, appreciate the instructions (hope they help someone else); I did this near exactly on the driver side first and it turned out fine. The mold just seems to be a bit deformed up top on the passenger side. I contacted the Seller (bestone2014) and they promptly replied offering either a small refund or a replacement flap; really impressed!

Yep, appreciate the instructions (hope they help someone else); I did this near exactly on the driver side first and it turned out fine. The mold just seems to be a bit deformed up top on the passenger side. I contacted the Seller (bestone2014) and they promptly replied offering either a small refund or a replacement flap; really impressed!

Did you take the replacement flap?

I also had a roll of 2" PPF ready to go, but after looking at it I decided it was fine.
I just received mine from the same ebay seller hallucinate purchased from. Box was all banged up, but thankfully had screws and fasteners. There were no instructions however, anyone have any lying around? Feel like I could piece it together, but if its supposed to come with instructions, would prefer that