Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s taken around five days from Triumph Ace docking in Zeebrugge to the first UK deliveries. So if SFL Conductor does hit Zeebrugge on 26th August I think first deliveries on Monday 2nd September isn’t that far off the schedule anyway.

It’s taken around five days from Triumph Ace docking in Zeebrugge to the first UK deliveries.

Yes, but a) that was lucky and b) that's with no existing model 3 orders underway at delivery centres.

The delivery windows people have been given for cars on Glovis Champion currently run till the 5th September, so unless that gets brought forward they'll still be dealing with those well into September. In fact, given the 19/69-plate shenanigans that are going to go on I'd expect those to run over / cause knock on delays.

Yes, but a) that was lucky and b) that's with no existing model 3 orders underway at delivery centres.

The delivery windows people have been given for cars on Glovis Champion currently run till the 5th September, so unless that gets brought forward they'll still be dealing with those well into September. In fact, given the 19/69-plate shenanigans that are going to go on I'd expect those to run over / cause knock on delays.

Yeah makes sense. I was just trying to say I don’t think they could deliver from Conductor in August even if they wanted to!

You’re right though that we may well see the wheels come off the delivery machine in the next couple weeks. This is a volume that Tesla UK haven’t had to handle before (and won’t again after the backlog is cleared).

As a non-reservation holder I just hope it goes smoothly as I’m at the back of the queue :)

Reactions: ringi
The cars have got to get charged and transported from Zeebrugge, to the UK and to the relevant delivery centre. Tesla UK will likely still be delivering cars from Glovis Champion in early September. I'd expect deliveries from SFL Conductor not to start until w/c 9th Sep.

Yes. Based on past performance they won't want cars on ships / undelivered at end of Sep, so we'll probably get one more boat (leaving SF around 20th Aug, arriving Zeebrugge around 17th Sep), but my guess is that it will only contain as many RHD cars as they believe they can deliver before the end of Sep. You'd then expect a gap with no ships leaving until around 10th October, for deliveries in the UK w/c 4th November.

Now, Tesla has said in previous earnings calls that they want to stop that behaviour at the end of the quarter, and the drop in US tax benefits may help it happen this quarter, but who knows ...

Very Interesting

Tomorrow will be interesting...

Next week I'm on holiday, going to be looking at this forum and reading all the deliveries roll out...

From 300 in a week cars to what? 100s/day? Would be interesting to see how many they manage to deliver this month.

The next couple of vehicle carriers to load at Pier 80 are Grand Quest arriving 9 Aug (not for Europe), the Glovis Cosmos arriving 12 Aug and the Glovis Sunlight arriving on the 20 Aug.
No details of where the last 2 are heading yet.

If the Cosmos is coming our way it will arrive at Zeebrugge around 4 Sep.

These two are interesting. Both are bigger than the usual China ships, yet we'd expect China to be the next destination. Sunlight is also bigger than normal (for an EU ship) which is also interesting.

Plenty of possible explanations, too many to guess at this point. We'll just have to wait & see :)

Just had an estimated delivery email from Tesla, 9-16 September at Manchester South.
Also I now have a source code VIN 5YJ3F7EB6KF49XXXX.
I assume that is on the SFL Conductor!
Or maybe someone with better shipping knowledge can put me right!
Car is a M3P White/Black. Invoice was X5XX.
Great news fingers crossed here when did you order yours?