Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So- we have the same spec and I ordered in May. My VIN is in the region 4639xx. I just spoke to someone very reasonable at Tesla who told me that my car did not currently have a GPS tag but was last tagged in Philadelphia on the 25th August. He also said that as he understood it those vehicles coming from Philadelphia were coming straight to the UK rather than via mainland Europe.

I have no delivery update but thought that this was interesting and new information. Now I don't know whether my vehicle is still sat in Philadelphia or whether it set sail soon after the 25th and I've seen nobody claim to know which vessels were being used for these crossings either. But at least I now feel that I have half an idea what is going on.

I had previously been told to expect a collection in the second or third week in September so this information ties in with that. I am now expecting to get some sort of update this week, let's see.

That's great - thanks for the info, and given the close VIN, and the spec that sounds good to me. Have you had your final invoice? I have not yet.....also much kudos for getting in touch with someone at Tesla :)

So- we have the same spec and I ordered in May. My VIN is in the region 4639xx. I just spoke to someone very reasonable at Tesla who told me that my car did not currently have a GPS tag but was last tagged in Philadelphia on the 25th August. He also said that as he understood it those vehicles coming from Philadelphia were coming straight to the UK rather than via mainland Europe.

I have no delivery update but thought that this was interesting and new information. Now I don't know whether my vehicle is still sat in Philadelphia or whether it set sail soon after the 25th and I've seen nobody claim to know which vessels were being used for these crossings either. But at least I now feel that I have half an idea what is going on.

I had previously been told to expect a collection in the second or third week in September so this information ties in with that. I am now expecting to get some sort of update this week, let's see.
that sounds hopefull!

considering the last text said we would get a text when the ship left the usa then that sounds more like it!

that sounds hopefull!

considering the last text said we would get a text when the ship left the usa then that sounds more like it!

A little more information on this @Stretchquaker - lookng at the port replay for the last seven days (yes I know it's sad) - this unidentified ship left port on the 27th...from Pier 122. So far had no success identifying it (the playback doesn't allow clicking on ships). But ties in nicely with this. Pier 122 is where the horizontal ship is sited.

Of course, they could still be sat on the dock in the rain, waiting for another ship. I'm sure it's not just Tesla's on the quayside.....

Pier122.PNG

Pure speculation on my part, but given there's still ships to SFO and there's model 3s coming to the UK from Philadelphia that aren't going via Zebrugge, I wonder if they're shipping a few extra cars in containers to get them moving rather than waiting for a whole Ro-Ro ship?

I can't see any obvious contenders for the Philadelphia - Zeebrugge run in the near future. Given that Hurricane Dorian will be sweeping up the East coast I can't imagine any loading taking place in the next week either. The earliest I would expect any arrrival at Zeebrugge would be around 20 Sep and so assuming a 9 day transit I would expect to see loading begin around 9 Sep.

Reactions: Roy W.
I can't see any obvious contenders for the Philadelphia - Zeebrugge run in the near future. Given that Hurricane Dorian will be sweeping up the East coast I can't imagine any loading taking place in the next week either. The earliest I would expect any arrrival at Zeebrugge would be around 20 Sep and so assuming a 9 day transit I would expect to see loading begin around 9 Sep.

I believe that all the Philadelphia M3s so far are RHD and are sailing directly to the UK.

RORO ship NOCC Oceanic is scheduled to arrive at Philly Port , morning of the ninth. Tesla used this ship last q from SFO. Great candidate imo.

Reactions: Oddbin and ME_UK
Jury is still out on the Lydden. Earliest it could arrive in Zeebrugge would be around 28 Sep, which is a bit too late to make much impact on the quarterly figures. Additionally, there is the big push to ship the Model 3s from the east cost for precisely this reason. So I am not convinced that it is EU bound.

If it pans out, will be very interested to see if they ship direct to UK. Could be a tight fit at Zeebrugge between Glovis Courage and Lydden boat arrivals.

Well at the risk of taking what people have told me too specifically, I was told by a Tesla employee today that he understood that they were coming straight to the UK from Philly without going to mainland Europe. I also know that my vehicle was in Philly from the 25th.

I had already been told that my vehicle should be available to collect either next week or the week after.

So if that were to stack up then it’d have to be on the way already, which is what got me thinking of smaller numbers on container ship.

Obviously, part of the fun has been trying to stitch contradictory information together so goodness only knows really.

However, I have a hunch that there’s some on the way already.

Well at the risk of taking what people have told me too specifically, I was told by a Tesla employee today that he understood that they were coming straight to the UK from Philly without going to mainland Europe. I also know that my vehicle was in Philly from the 25th.

I had already been told that my vehicle should be available to collect either next week or the week after.

So if that were to stack up then it’d have to be on the way already, which is what got me thinking of smaller numbers on container ship.

Obviously, part of the fun has been trying to stitch contradictory information together so goodness only knows really.

However, I have a hunch that there’s some on the way already.
seatrade orange is a container ship. Left Philly on August 26th. Arrival Zeebrugge on the 4th.
Bomar Calais left Philly on the 31st. Arrival Zeebrugge on the 10th.