Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
M3P+ on order
Can someone explain how the vin numbers in relation to delivery work. By chance I found my vin in an invoice in my account last night 498*** and showing delivery 8th October despite order placed 12th July with delivery August ( never thought it would be) but told at time of order defo before end of September.
So is there any likelihood of delivery before end Sept when I will be without wheels and taking the bus!
Plus I see other posts with vins after mine with delivery due before end September

Hi
M3P+ on order
Can someone explain how the vin numbers in relation to delivery work. By chance I found my vin in an invoice in my account last night 498*** and showing delivery 8th October despite order placed 12th July with delivery August ( never thought it would be) but told at time of order defo before end of September.
So is there any likelihood of delivery before end Sept when I will be without wheels and taking the bus!
Plus I see other posts with vins after mine with delivery due before end September

honestly - there is pattern/order/queuing system at all.

VIN numbers don't mean anything in terms of delivery times/order of pick up etc

ME LRAWD in blue with black interior ordered 7/7 VIN appeared on Monday. Busy trying to follow all the ships now, but I have no idea where it is. It will come when it comes - I said when I ordered I didn't expect it until the end of September dispite the website saying August

Well I hope there will be some ships coming over from Philadelphia because there are none listed from SFO. The Glovis Sunlight is crossing the Atlantic and the Courage is approaching the Panama Canal, but after that there’s zilch.

We’ve got a blank on Philadelphia but there are several hundred RHD that have been, or still are at, Philadelphia. Some of them arrived a couple of weeks ago so they’ll be on the way before the quarter end I am sure. Otherwise what would have been the point?

Is it possible that the Philadelphia RHD cars are intended for the Model 3 launch in the Republic of Ireland ?

I can imagine that a smallish car transporter going transatlantic from the East coast straight to Cork (who have roro facilities) would make more sense than shipping via Zeebruga and then land bridging car transporters across the UK - especially given disruption caused by no deal Brexit madness.

Glovis Courage currently going through the western lock of the Panama Canal :)

Attachments

• 8DDC73D5-1A44-4C85-A761-5ECBEB7F3F28.jpeg
    8DDC73D5-1A44-4C85-A761-5ECBEB7F3F28.jpeg
    536.6 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: m3gt2
Is it possible that the Philadelphia RHD cars are intended for the Model 3 launch in the Republic of Ireland ?

I can imagine that a smallish car transporter going transatlantic from the East coast straight to Cork (who have roro facilities) would make more sense than shipping via Zeebruga and then land bridging car transporters across the UK - especially given disruption caused by no deal Brexit madness.

You could be right but I’m in the UK and that’s where my vehicle is coming from as I heard that from multiple people at Tesla.

I for one would hope so, but no indications here in Ireland that is the plan. We are being told November earliest for first deliveries, so that wouldn’t match up with cars already being in Philadelphia I wouldn’t think