Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if my M3 arrived at Southampton yesterday, and is "en route" to delivery centre I chose... when should I expect to get contacted about delivery? I phoned up and was told different things by different people - "days" vs "up to 2 weeks". Anyone want to cheer me up and tell me its "days" (and not 14 of them!) :p
i assume mine arrived yesterday, i was contacted Thursday 24th with a collection date 2 weeks later. They also gave me my Registration No. so i can arrange insurance.

i assume mine arrived yesterday, i was contacted Thursday 24th with a collection date 2 weeks later. They also gave me my Registration No. so i can arrange insurance.

I too got my information last week for a 14th November collection but was warned they do not register the car until the day before collection so the insurance company may not accept the registration number because they can't check it at the DVLA. I got a quote which was valid for 30 days so just need to add the reg number the day before to validate.

I got a quote which was valid for 30 days so just need to add the reg number the day before to validate.
I managed to enter my reg number into the insurance website ok, i'll purchase later today and let you know if it all goes through ok. (I did have to call tesla and ask for my reg)

What insurance companies are people using it seems to me only direct line and LV seem to be competitive on prices, anyone find anything else?

I managed to enter my reg number into the insurance website ok, i'll purchase later today and let you know if it all goes through ok. (I did have to call tesla and ask for my reg)

What insurance companies are people using it seems to me only direct line and LV seem to be competitive on prices, anyone find anything else?

Direct line were easily the cheapest for me.

Unfortunately I had a small crash last year and my motorbike was stolen a couple of months ago. So most companies want £2,500+. Direct Line are doing it for £1,500.

Direct line were easily the cheapest for me.

Unfortunately I had a small crash last year and my motorbike was stolen a couple of months ago. So most companies want £2,500+. Direct Line are doing it for £1,500.
Almost exactly the same for me - Direct Line were cheapest, and I had a claim against my current insurance a month or two ago (annoyingly another driver on my policy crashed my vehicle, which doubled the premium and cost me 8 years in no claims...ffs). Was about £1,100 for me. LV wanted £1,800 with a higher excess.

47839B01-8EDA-4CA9-A14B-C0216E100188.jpeg
Back to some good old fashioned OCD ship tracking.

Jasper Arrow coming through the Pedro Miguel Locks in Panama prior to Gatun, heading into the Caribbean in the next 24 hours... all being well some more VIN updates coming soon!

I’m hoping there’s some MSM RHD M3P+ onboard :)

View attachment 471721Back to some good old fashioned OCD ship tracking.

Jasper Arrow coming through the Pedro Miguel Locks in Panama prior to Gatun, heading into the Caribbean in the next 24 hours... all being well some more VIN updates coming soon!

I’m hoping there’s some MSM RHD M3P+ onboard :)

i just need a live webcam of Pier 80 and my OCD Tesla watching will be complete.

• Funny
Reactions: Radders and R.A.G

Almost exactly the same for me - Direct Line were cheapest, and I had a claim against my current insurance a month or two ago (annoyingly another driver on my policy crashed my vehicle, which doubled the premium and cost me 8 years in no claims...ffs). Was about £1,100 for me. LV wanted £1,800 with a higher excess.

That's good to know, i'll get that sorted tonight then, LV was cheaper for me at about £850, i think Direct line wanted another £150 still £500xs, mine a SR+ so i presume cheaper than M3 P...

So if my M3 arrived at Southampton yesterday, and is "en route" to delivery centre I chose... when should I expect to get contacted about delivery? I phoned up and was told different things by different people - "days" vs "up to 2 weeks". Anyone want to cheer me up and tell me its "days" (and not 14 of them!) :p

You should already have an email? I was told my reg number and delivery slot last week via text and on Monday via e-mail.

Grey:
upload_2019-10-31_12-52-45.png

It's a company car, and our fleet manager got the following from Tesla:

“We've had a delay on Performance vehicles, due to demand and recent no cost wheel upgrade. These will be arriving next month. I'd expect orders from August be a priority to be matched and delivered."