Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MOT in Bath/Bristol area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Hi,

Perhaps there ought to be a sticky on this as it seems people have posted threads for different regions asking broadly the same question - so here is another one.

My M3P is due its first MOT at the end of March. I'd quite like for it to have an inspection & service done at the same time, basically a once over to check if anything needs attention. I barely do any miles so I don't imagine there will be massive problems, but even so I'd like to have peace of mind.

I was thinking about booking in to Cleevely since they seem to be pros, but they are a good 50+ miles away, which seems like a trek for a basic MOT and once over.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places in this area? I spoke to Tesla Bristol and they don't do MOTs in house and didn't give me any contact details for anyone else (maybe that person was having a bad day)

Thanks in advance!

Since it's only 3 years old I would simply put it through for MOT. End of the day if there's anything wrong your car should be telling you. If the car doesn't (and it's major) the MOT people will fail you or give an advisory so I can't see much to be gained by any type of "service" pre MOT.

Reactions: Dilly and Durzel
After some fretting/over thinking it, I used a Kwik Fit last December - they were fine. 3yr old vehicle.

Already trained on MOTing Teslas. Had pucks. Knew there stuff on asking for PIN to drive to be turned off etc.

Saw a spirited brake test happen in the car park - that was it in terms of noteworthiness.

I've replied in other similar threads. My local village garage does mine... happily cut up some timber to use as pucks/standoffs on my S. Happily did a brake service last year and cheerfully let's me lurk, drink tea and chime in/sit in to work lights and settings.
They also tell me an MOT garage can't refuse to do an MOT unless they don't have vehicle specific equipment.

Can highly recommend SF Tebby & Son, Unit 11 Avon Gorge Industrial Estate, Portview Road, Bristol BS11 9LQ 0117 973 0055‬
Excellent MOT service from a brilliant and friendly, family run business who have owned Teslas themselves and are familiar with the brand.
I was a bit disappointed to see that Tesla didn't offer an MOT service in Bristol but this garage is within a couple of miles of the main Tesla dealership and has extremely easy access from the M5. Immaculate and modern facilities and can offer while you wait appointments.