Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Trend Car of the Year 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC advertisement being displayed while I am reading this thread:
logo-audi-vorsprung-durch-technik.gif

:tongue:

The Chevy Volt won more awards than any previous car than I can remember, including the first American to win European Car of the Year.

The Model S is likely to do even better.

GSP

The Chevy Volt won more awards than any previous car than I can remember, including the first American to win European Car of the Year.

The Model S is likely to do even better.

GSP

That will be another major milestone when the Model S wins European Car of the Year. Another major award is North American Car of the Year and the Model S isn't even on their short list for 2013! If it wins next year, the 2012 Tesla Model S will win the 2014 North American Car of the Year. Wouldn't that be really weird?

It looks to me like the wheels are on backwards for at least some of those shots!

From the Tesla Motors web site gallery:

TeslaGallery.JPG

From the Motor Trend gallery:

MotorTrendGallery.JPG

I'm assuming those are the aerodynamic directional wheels.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm thrilled to see the car get these great accolades! For a few seconds during the video I had the urge to trade my Roadster in for an S. A few seconds.

Yep I had the same comment a while back, but if you review all of the pics (c.f. the Car and Driver review, for example), the wheels are not directional, and are always looking like a jet engine on the passenger side, and a windmill on the driver side.