Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MOTORTREND: ! EXCLUSIVE TESLA MODEL Y PHOTOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few Model Ys spotted at the Fremont factory! It’s happening! : teslamotors

05a03c65-5ea6-4d90-bc15-0a8bc7c5208c-jpeg.466079

• Funny
Reactions: davedavedave
Interesting... doesn’t look like the window trim is blacked out. The door handles look like they aren’t blacked out either. All the other demo versions had these details.

Encouraging to see more though!!
I don't know.. It kind of looks like black trim with a protective white strip on it. Looks black at the back window. Mirror trim looks black to me as well.

OK, based on that grey car, I like where it is going. Really like the extra dark tint on the back seat windows.

Only thing I wish is that the tires and wheels were a bit bigger. They look small on that car especially with so much space between the tires and the wheel well. My current crossover, an Audi Q5 S-Line+, has 20" wheels and about 4" of tire that look very proportional to the vehicle. The same size would probably make the Model Y look better.

Reactions: outdoors
Yes, they would boost Y orders at the expense of immediate 3 sales. I doubt they will show up in showrooms until they are at a steady production rate.

I wonder how much it would affect sales in either direction.

For instance, I want a Tesla, but I don’t know which one.

I love the range and pick up of the 3, but am not sure if the storage is enough.

The Y looks like it has more storage, but nobody knows how much.

If I could see o e in a showroom, it would sway me in one direction or the other. So they could be missing out on a 3 sale as I wait to see a Y. I bet there are lots of people in the same boat.

I wonder how much it would affect sales in either direction.

For instance, I want a Tesla, but I don’t know which one.

I love the range and pick up of the 3, but am not sure if the storage is enough.

The Y looks like it has more storage, but nobody knows how much.

If I could see o e in a showroom, it would sway me in one direction or the other. So they could be missing out on a 3 sale as I wait to see a Y. I bet there are lots of people in the same boat.
Model 3 is 15 cubic feet and about 40 with seats down, Model Y is 66 cubic feet. Hope this helps!