TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mounting New Tires in Illinois.

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Bebop, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Going to be getting new tires for the first time on my Tesla and so obviously I have to get them mounted. I’m having a hard time trusting a 3rd party to do it because of how precise lifting a Tesla car is.

Where do you folks go in the Chicagoland area/Suburbs to get new tires put on? Or do you do it at a service center? I’m thinking of going with Discount Tire since in the past that is where I would get new tires and do tire rotations. But I’m not sure.

2. jgillispie

jgillispie Member

I've had the same fears of someone screwing it up so I paid the high price for the service center to do it.

3. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

How much did it cost you to change and mount the tires at a service center?

4. jgillispie

jgillispie Member

After everything it was $310 per tire on the fronts. Just did it last week at Highland Park. You could probably save $50-75 per tire going to a 3rd party. I probably would have looked into it more but I got a flat last week and had to go to the service center anyways after my roadside assistance.