Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving house

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting points.

I will double check with my solicitor. I did made specific mention in our fixtures and fittings form that it would be excluded thinking that would explicitly mention that it wasn’t part of the sale.

Hadn’t considered part p
Spoken to electrician who does not believe any consideration / alterations to part-p is required when removing a circuit. Naturally need to make sure it's safe and terminated - I plan to simply remove the cable from the fusebox

If it were me, then I'd leave the cable intact and in place and just fit a wiska box to terminate the end of the cable safely, with some wagos on the exposed wire ends inside the box. That way, if the next owner wants to fit a charge point, or if they just want to fit something like an outdoor power outlet, it's a ten minute job. The cable isn't worth much, and is unlikely to be reusable anyway, so leaving it in situ makes sense. No need to disconnect at the CU end, just turn off that circuit and add a label saying it's not in use.

If competent in being able to safely isolate and dead test the circuit, then this could be a DIY job. Materials cost should be about a fiver, the small wiska boxes come with wagos, just make sure they are OK for 6mm² cable

When you sell, you should be given a standard fixtures and fittings list to fill in. This lists, on a room by room basis, what fixtures and fittings you intend to remove, leave, or offer to sell - it is this that forms the contract and is an opportunity to negotiate items that you want to remove or offer to sell (normally things like curtains, blinds) to the purchasers. If you want to remove your charge point, that is the place to formally list that it will be removed, although to avoid surprise, its probably worth mentioning and/or negotiating this in advance via the estate agent (its part of what you pay them for) in case it was something that attracted a purchaser to the property.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Beady3647