Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FUSC / SC01 S-X owners: buy new S-X w/SC01-FUSC & flip...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Tesla newbie so bear with me people)
read week+ ago owners of S-X FUSC-SC01 can now
transfer it when they buy new S-X;
has this open up a scheme where "old" owners
are striking deals in which they do so but then
immediately flip that vehicle for a higher price?
how to find such offers-activities? thanks in advance...

(Tesla newbie so bear with me people)

You have been posting about searching for a car with FUSC for about 3 years now, so I dont think you are a "Tesla newbie" anymore.

As for the rest of your post, The FUSC that ends up on the new vehicle is not transferrable to anyone else, so there would not be any "flip that vehicle for profit" unless the person buying the car didnt care about FUSC.

There are quite a few threads on this offer here already. The link to the offer itself is in at least one of these threads:

In the offier it specifically says:

===============================

Note: Owners must notify Tesla of their intent to transfer Supercharging and sign the relevant documentation prior to taking delivery of their new vehicle. The transferred Supercharging will remain on the vehicle for as long as you own the vehicle.

================================

So, the scenario you lay out in your first post is not possible, as far as "flip the car for profit" because it wont have unlimited supercharging when they sell the new car they bought that they transferred it from.

I will reiterate, once you transfer your existing FUSC to the brand new car, the FUSC will stay with YOU and the CAR only meaning that if you sell the car, the FUSC will be stripped by Tesla and go bye-bye for everyone thereafter.

I almost jumped on this to upgrade to Plaid but when I learned of this, I said "nope"... keeping FUSC on my P85D and grandfathering it over to the next owner when I upgrade. Besides, it's a great selling point for the older MS cars.

What might happen, and happened (when Tesla had a similar offer) to some folks last Summer based on posts in this Forum - FUSC transferred, old car sold to unsuspecting buyer as "having FUSC".

Or new car is sold, say 5 years from now, under the same pretense.

Last edited:
I will reiterate, once you transfer your existing FUSC to the brand new car, the FUSC will stay with YOU and the CAR only meaning that if you sell the car, the FUSC will be stripped by Tesla and go bye-bye for everyone thereafter.

I almost jumped on this to upgrade to Plaid but when I learned of this, I said "nope"... keeping FUSC on my P85D and grandfathering it over to the next owner when I upgrade. Besides, it's a great selling point for the older MS cars.
I concur and will also stay put. Further, recently visited my local Reno Tesla Service Center for some details about free unlimited CONNECTIVITY that is silent in Tesla's online guidance:

Free unlimited CONNECTIVITY is not transferable to the new Tesla S X Y.

Free unlimited CONNECTIVITY stays on your current Tesla vehicle.

Free unlimited CONNECTIVITY stays with your current Tesla vehicle if you sell to a private party.

Let me know if anyone has heard differently.

I concur and will also stay put. Further, recently visited my local Reno Tesla Service Center for some details about free unlimited CONNECTIVITY that is silent in Tesla's online guidance:

Free unlimited CONNECTIVITY is not transferable to the new Tesla S X Y.

Free unlimited CONNECTIVITY stays on your current Tesla vehicle.

Free unlimited CONNECTIVITY stays with your current Tesla vehicle if you sell to a private party.

Let me know if anyone has heard differently.

Tesla blog:

Tesla vehicles purchased privately or via third-party and have transferred ownership on or after January 21, 2020 that do not have lifetime Premium Connectivity or an active Premium Connectivity trial will receive a 30-day trial of Premium Connectivity before being eligible for subscription. The trial will commence on the date ownership transfers and requires the buyer to notify us of such date. The trial cannot be postponed or rescheduled.

Tesla blog:

Tesla vehicles purchased privately or via third-party and have transferred ownership on or after January 21, 2020 that do not have lifetime Premium Connectivity or an active Premium Connectivity trial will receive a 30-day trial of Premium Connectivity before being eligible for subscription. The trial will commence on the date ownership transfers and requires the buyer to notify us of such date. The trial cannot be postponed or rescheduled.

Thanks for the info. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

aren't some getting around "can't transfer"
by NOT changing settings, e.g., contact info...?
As potential buyer, I envisions someone with
beat-up 150K-mile 2016 S-X with FUSC free connectivity
who would be happy to get, say, $10K, & add that to
new S-X price, buyer having 0 interest in new vehicle;
I, the buyer, with seller's knowledge, would not change
seller's car computer info-settings...

Last edited:
Example of current P85D above:

your current P85D car no longer transfers the Free unlimited CONNECTIVITY to the new owner when you sell to a private party.
Where Are you reading that? I'm reading "If your car does NOT have free premium connectivity, then we will give them a 30 day trial."
I don't see anything that addresses cars that DO have free premium connectivity...

Where Are you reading that? I'm reading "If your car does NOT have free premium connectivity, then we will give them a 30 day trial."
I don't see anything that addresses cars that DO have free premium connectivity...

Same blog:

There's a time-line to meet if you want to transfer Premium Connectivity:

"Tesla vehicles purchased privately or via third-party that are eligible for Premium Connectivity according to the above mentioned table, and have transferred ownership on or before January 20, 2020, will have free Premium Connectivity for the lifetime of the vehicle (excluding retrofits or upgrades required for any features or services externally supplied to the vehicle – e.g. telecommunications network)."