Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Guards...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of mud guards. But I'm also not a fan of the paint damage caused by not having them.

Unfortunately, here in the desert if you drive a car without mud flaps, you're going to pay the price. So I'm going to be getting them.

So I need help...

Can you guys help me find all of the manufacturers of mud guards for the Model 3? I'd like to find all of them, then research their products before making the final decision.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of mud guards. But I'm also not a fan of the paint damage caused by not having them.

Unfortunately, here in the desert if you drive a car without mud flaps, you're going to pay the price. So I'm going to be getting them.

So I need help...

Can you guys help me find all of the manufacturers of mud guards for the Model 3? I'd like to find all of them, then research their products before making the final decision.

There are at least three mud flap threads with all manufacturers covered. Many pictures as well as a group buy. Try the search function. The main two are the Chinese molded flaps from China (now sold by every Tom, Dick and Harry) and the flat Tsolutions flaps that more than 150 folks purchased during the group by in July.

Reactions: Phlier
There are at least three mud flap threads with all manufacturers covered. Many pictures as well as a group buy. Try the search function. The main two are the Chinese molded flaps from China (now sold by every Tom, Dick and Harry) and the flat Tsolutions flaps that more than 150 folks purchased during the group by in July.
Darn it, did I end up doing a post similar to "help me find snow tires?" :)

My search-fu has failed me, but I'll try again. Bah... group buy in July? Missed it by *that* much. : /

Did you happen to get any flaps, by chance? If so, which ones, and would you recommend them?

Edit: I see that you did... reading that thread now.

Last edited:
My initial intent with this thread was to find all of the manufacturers of mud guards. Ah well, at least I've found a bit of light reading to do, instead:

Model 3 mud guards

Ugh, Ordered Mud flaps

Model 3 Mud Flaps

Any experience with Mud Flaps (Garde-boues) from ebay?

TapTes molded mud guards

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

Mud Guards

Model 3 paint wearing off

Hopefully, someone else that's looking for mud guard information will at least find the consolidated list of threads above to be of some use.

My initial intent with this thread was to find all of the manufacturers of mud guards. Ah well, at least I've found a bit of light reading to do, instead:

Model 3 mud guards

Ugh, Ordered Mud flaps

Model 3 Mud Flaps

Any experience with Mud Flaps (Garde-boues) from ebay?

TapTes molded mud guards

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

Mud Guards

Model 3 paint wearing off

Hopefully, someone else that's looking for mud guard information will at least find the consolidated list of threads above to be of some use.
From anoher thread, it looks like this car could have beneficiary from getting some oversised mud (or gravel) guards !!!

upload_2019-9-17_15-1-53-png.456002

I used Armour Guard, standard black on black and had them delivered in just a few days for less than $35. You do have to make some cuts to the fronts and drill the holes. All told, it still took less than an hour and I set them where I like, not like pre-drilled. I also used the same push pins to fasten them.
BTW- black on black is the lettering they all come with and is least noticable, to me. This is how I set mine, only 2 1/2" from the level ground in front.IMG_20190710_103224245_HDR.jpg IMG_20190710_102952907.jpg IMG_20190710_103054158_HDR.jpg IMG_20190710_103043899.jpg IMG_20190712_121536812.jpg IMG_20190710_103224245_HDR.jpg IMG_20190710_102952907.jpg IMG_20190710_103054158_HDR.jpg IMG_20190710_103043899.jpg IMG_20190712_121536812.jpg

Good luck Phlier. jebinc has a very nice set in group buy that looks nearly identical to the Rally Armour I have. These are full flaps for excellent coverage. I can't see spending $200 for flaps that don't give you full coverage or protection. IMHO, these are the best buys for the $$.

Reactions: Phlier and jebinc

So I need help...

These are the molded mud flaps I bought. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V36S77Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KGrnDbB1CFXM0?&tag=tmc064-20 Very easy to install and reasonably priced.

Reactions: jebinc and Phlier
I installed mine yesterday, the only downside was having to drill a hole into the fender liner to screw in the screw.
The nice thing is the fiber liner hides a lot if you choose to remove it. I used a trim screw and found the liner a bit loose. Needed a 1" screw to counter the floppiness and get it to grab. A plug pin is big enough to fill the screw hole.
Funny how it feels like desecration doing that to a new car. When I step back and look now, I'm so glad I did. :cool:

Reactions: jebinc and Phlier
Rallyarmor is releasing their mudflaps soon. Made from urethane(very flexible material). Comes with bracket and hardware. NO DRILLING REQUIRED.

View attachment 460793 View attachment 460795 View attachment 460796 View attachment 460797
That looks exactly like what I want. I really like how they are wider, providing more protection, than most of what I've seen on the market so far.

I've spent hours and hours reading about something as inane as mud flaps, yet still haven't found the ones I want. The Rallyarmor really look nice, though. I think I'll be purchasing a set when they're finally released.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Reactions: jebinc
Nice I remember when rallyarmor was just starting up...just brought back a bunch of memories from my nasioc and SQC days lol. Any more details on the bracket and no drilling required design/install of it?

Bro what? I was a SQC guy too! 2007!
I hit up Costas the owner of Rallyarmor. He installed the test version and luckily enough it seems to be perfect. Very happy with it. Should be released in a couple of week. He’s a very detailed oriented guy, so he wants to make sure everything’s perfect.
Two screws on the bottom for the bracket then there’s three nuts you just have to screw into the bracket’s bolts. No drilling required because of the brackets. All hardware will be included.
1FFD1EA0-C4A3-4999-87BD-95DFB60C4889.jpeg

Last edited:
Ooh! Good info. Thanks Sclew. Might be my next set of they're full width. My plastic ones are holding up good so far. :cool:

Yes. I actually mentioned to him about you using the hard plastic ones. He was happy to hear about it. Only reason it’s taken so long to release the Mudflaps was because he couldn’t buy a bumper from Tesla to R&D and prototype, so he had to wait to find a totaled model 3 that was willing to part out.

Yes. I actually mentioned to him about you using the hard plastic ones. He was happy to hear about it. Only reason it’s taken so long to release the Mudflaps was because he couldn’t buy a bumper from Tesla to R&D and prototype, so he had to wait to find a totaled model 3 that was willing to part out.
Hah! Good to know that it took so long for a 3 to wreck in his area. You and N54TT cracking me up! I had a 74 Courier in the 90's with a 626 engine and Rx-7 5 speed that started my mudflaps use. Always liked their products and good, nice looking flaps for a good price.
Install seems easy enough from the pic you posted. I'd love to see the rears and a 3/4 view of both, iydm. :)

Reactions: jebinc