Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-pattern black seats -- they look great!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model S 60D a few weeks ago and now I actually look forward to my daily commute! Like a lot of people, I really struggled with the options but in the end really happy with my choices. The posts here in the forum were incredibly helpful and wanted to give something back to the community.

My choices: 60D, midnight silver, glass roof, smart air suspension, enhanced autopilot, premium upgrade package, subzero weather.

The one I really agonized over was the interior -- I didn't want leather (the leather in my Audi really looked beat up after a few years) but I didn't want the interior to look cheap. I chose the next gen multi-pattern black seats without seeing them -- the one choice I worried about almost every day after the order was locked in. When I picked up the car, ouldn't have been happier with the result -- the fit and finish look stylish and sporty. Leather-like with a subtle and modern fabric on the main surfaces. They grip well (no sliding around in the seat) and our two boys have already put them to the test with wet shoes and crumbs (they clean up easily). Overall, they look like they belong in a car with a tesla price tag. I'm glad I put those dollars into the other options.

I realize everyone will have a unique perspective on what they think looks good (and I'm sure the other options look great too!). If you are considering the multi pattern, try to find one at your local showroom or service center -- always best to see them in-person. If I could take a photo that would do them justice I would post it. Hope this helps others through the ordering process!

Feel free to take advantage of the referral discount with my link: Referral | Tesla

I picked up my Model S 60D a few weeks ago and now I actually look forward to my daily commute! Like a lot of people, I really struggled with the options but in the end really happy with my choices. The posts here in the forum were incredibly helpful and wanted to give something back to the community.

My choices: 60D, midnight silver, glass roof, smart air suspension, enhanced autopilot, premium upgrade package, subzero weather.

The one I really agonized over was the interior -- I didn't want leather (the leather in my Audi really looked beat up after a few years) but I didn't want the interior to look cheap. I chose the next gen multi-pattern black seats without seeing them -- the one choice I worried about almost every day after the order was locked in. When I picked up the car, ouldn't have been happier with the result -- the fit and finish look stylish and sporty. Leather-like with a subtle and modern fabric on the main surfaces. They grip well (no sliding around in the seat) and our two boys have already put them to the test with wet shoes and crumbs (they clean up easily). Overall, they look like they belong in a car with a tesla price tag. I'm glad I put those dollars into the other options.

I realize everyone will have a unique perspective on what they think looks good (and I'm sure the other options look great too!). If you are considering the multi pattern, try to find one at your local showroom or service center -- always best to see them in-person. If I could take a photo that would do them justice I would post it. Hope this helps others through the ordering process!

Feel free to take advantage of the referral discount with my link: Referral | Tesla

Would love to see a picture if you have the time! I'm trying to figure out what I want and I think I might go multi-pattern too.

Reactions: P100DHG.
IMG_3309.JPG
Hope this helps

Reactions: PrGrPa
I have a 2014 Model S with 77k miles and think the multi-pattern seats look brand new. The leather seats tend to wrinkle and sag over time which is something I dislike regarding leather. I ordered a new 100D which is expected in June and went with multi-pattern seats again.

2017-05-09%2006.34.05.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I have a 2014 Model S with 77k miles and think the multi-pattern seats look brand new. The leather seats tend to wrinkle and sag over time which is something I dislike regarding leather. I ordered a new 100D which is expected in June and went with multi-pattern seats again.

If you get the Premium Package with the Multipattern interior, do you get the upgraded dash and leather wrapped steering wheel?

Love my multi patterns. Picked it up in September and never once had to hear my fiancee complain about leather seats burning her legs since then.

Plus, I'm a big guy, and the bolsters on the next-gen seats dug into my sides during the test drives. 14000 miles down and no problems with the multipatterns.

What year did the multi-pattern seats get an update? I’m looking at buying online a 2016 MS manufactured in August of 2016. Wondering if it will be the updated multi patterned seats or the original?

Do you guys know if the cushioning is different than the next generation seats? It’s tough to take a leap of faith and purchase without seeing it. Would greatly appreciate your insight! Thanks