Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple annual service per year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just completed a 7,000 miles road trip (Atlanta->Yellowstone->Mount Rushmore->Niagara Falls->New York City->DC->Atlanta) in 23 days. No issues with the car at all. We took delivery of the X 75D back in March but car is already at 16,000 miles. I wonder if I should bring the car in for the first annual service. My question is for those of you who drive, say, 36,000 miles a year, do you bring your car in three times a year for service? The reason I ask is that the annual service cost is not inexpensive, the cost of multiple services per year kind of defeats the cost saving from not burning gas. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

...My question is for those of you who drive, say, 36,000 miles a year, do you bring your car in three times a year for service?...

I pre-paid mine so I can use it or lose it, so yes I bring it in either annually if I don't drive as much and yes, multiple times a year if I drive a lot (That's what I did with my old 2012 Model S and plan to do the same with my new Model X.)

There are 2 criteria for a visit:

1) wear and tear usage. If I use it a lot with high mileage, wears and tears are accelerated so there is no need to wait for a whole year.

2) time: If I drive very little but things might have changed in 1 year so it's a good idea to bring the car in for Service Bulletin updates as well.

I drive mine a lot. Service is once per year for me, even if it means 30,000 - 40,000 miles. I prepaid the first 4 services, had the first two in the first year of ownership. Then once a year.

Only other reason to go to the Service Center now is to replace the tires. I sure hope they come up with tires that last a lifetime.

You should probably do the first service soon, as they change the break-in fluid in the gearboxes, then I would tend to agree with the other posters here. I drive 30,000 miles per year and don't see a need to go every 12,000. I did my first (and only, so far) back in Feb at 24,000 miles.