Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Modes Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I jumped in my 2023 Plaid yesterday ( Software Version 2023.6.11.2) and was presented with multiple alerts. Regenerative braking unavailable, traction and stability control unavailable, auto hold unavailable plus others. I did a hard reset (buttons and brake) but the reboot didn't clear any of them. The car is drivable but it requires your fulll attention as it will slip back on an incline and you actually have to use the brakes. Anyone seen anything like this? I have a service scheduled but couldn't get in util 2 May. Thx

Also, pressing on the brake does nothing more than pressing the two steering wheel buttons on their own. A hard reset is a power-off reset, available in the Services menu on the main screen. It will take about 5 minutes. Don't open or close the doors, change any settings, or press the brake or the car will wake up. After 5 minutes, you can press the brake and open doors and carry on normally. This will generally put it to sleep in a few minutes.

The Service center solved my problems with multiple features not working. It turns out the front wheels were out of alignment. That condition was sensed by the car and as a result it disabled traction control, auto hold, regeneration braking, stability control and cruise control. The techs did an alignment and now all is well. Just wanted to add this situation to the knowledge base in case anyone else encounters it.

Cincy

Reactions: cptnslo
I’m having the same or similar as I write this. I was backing slowly into my garage with wheel turned when the car shuddered and started rolling as if in neutral. I got all these alerts suddenly on my screen including steering assist and what was more disturbing is that car would roll if in neutral even when I switched the gear selector in forward or reverse. Park button stops car, soft reboot, same issue. Called towing line immediately. They scheduled towing to nearest service center and asked me to check tow mode availability on the screen - I pressed it just up try and then disabled it - bizarrely that cleared all the errors.

I am keeping the tow appointment- I’m not getting into a car that did this and try to drive it.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Dropped off the car at S.C. the tow truck driver was able to get it under its own power up the bed. they were just closing so couldn’t talk to anyone. Weirdly all the alerts were clear. I now have some doubts if this was just the software going berserk. I checked the alignment in service mode having read this thread and it says applied offset of 0.6 degrees - is that too much? I’ve read a few stories on this forum of X and S going limp with these alerts and stranding people on roads, fingers crossed it’s not that. Peeved as this car has barely 400 miles and it’s already been in service 3 times - charge door not opening and still acting out, various trim issues I found after delivery, now this.