Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple same updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a notice this morning that I had another firmware update which I did and it seems like the exact same update when the latest summon features were released. After that original update I have gotten 2 more updates which I performed but nothing new. Anyone else getting requests for updates like this?

Tesla will update the firmware of your vehicle after a major release but will not change the release notes.

So after you get the initial v7.1 update, you'll get many subsequent updates (such as 2.14.66) that will have minor tweaks and bug fixes. My car just got updated to v7.1 (2.14.66) today as well. But with the small updates, they don't change the release notes which may give you the appearance that they're sending you the same update over and over again. That is not the case :)

So if you want to know if your car is actually getting updated, look the the numbers in the parenthesis after the v7.1 number. This can be accessed by pressing the T icon at the very top center of your 17 inch display.