Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple warning messages keep going off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a performance M3 for almost 4 months with no issues until the day before yesterday (12 Dec 19) when I suddenly started to get a lot of warning messages:

Automatic emergency breaking is disabled

Traction control disabled

Stability control disabled

Regenerative breaking disabled

And many more such as tire pressure warning but they came so fast it was not possible to read them it was beeping continuously for a minute or so and then sporadically after that all the way home. This occurred again yesterday and then yet again today.

I have tried the soft reset which provided a temporary solution, but I'm not happy about it and would like to speak to someone at Tesla. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to be easy, the contact number is just a robot with the only vaguely relevant option being book a service.

Has anyone experienced this sort of effect and does anyone have a number I can use to speak to a human being? My nearest service centre is West Drayton London which is about an hour away.

I had all of those warnings, along with power steering assist disabled, simultaneously as well the day I took delivery of mine. It ended up just being a bad wheel speed sensor connection in my case. The resets as described by others helped for short periods for me before the issues would repeat. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo
I have unplugged the Tesla USB used for Tesla cam and carried out a hard reboot in park mode (foot on break peddle and both steering wheel buttons depressed) as suggested (thanks) but sadly to no effect. I'm still getting many repeated warning messages as described above. Testing it out today I saw "safety restraint system fault" and probably a lot of others but its hard to safely catch them all as you are driving along.

Booked it in for a service at West Drayton today (15/12/19) - earliest date 12th Feb! Very shabby service IMO. I can't speak to a human being and have to wait 2 months for a repair (or heaven forbid an assessment of what the problem is). So in the mean time if I give anyone a lift I shall just have to tell them to ignore all the annoying toot toot bonging noises and warnings flashing up all the time (god knows what they will think) and grin and bear the lack of regenerative breaking the lack of autopilot, be careful on hills as it rolls backwards etc etc.:mad:

Has anyone else had any other similar experiences or have any further ideas or suggestions?

I have unplugged the Tesla USB used for Tesla cam and carried out a hard reboot in park mode (foot on break peddle and both steering wheel buttons depressed) as suggested (thanks) but sadly to no effect. I'm still getting many repeated warning messages as described above. Testing it out today I saw "safety restraint system fault" and probably a lot of others but its hard to safely catch them all as you are driving along.

Booked it in for a service at West Drayton today (15/12/19) - earliest date 12th Feb! Very shabby service IMO. I can't speak to a human being and have to wait 2 months for a repair (or heaven forbid an assessment of what the problem is). So in the mean time if I give anyone a lift I shall just have to tell them to ignore all the annoying toot toot bonging noises and warnings flashing up all the time (god knows what they will think) and grin and bear the lack of regenerative breaking the lack of autopilot, be careful on hills as it rolls backwards etc etc.:mad:

Has anyone else had any other similar experiences or have any further ideas or suggestions?

I didn’t say to do a reboot. I said to do a shutdown. It in the Menus, under service I think. While shutdown, don’t touch a thing or it will boot up. I had similar issues once, even called Tesla they wanted it towed in. After remembering how TeslaCam can totally f up your car I recalled the remedy which was a shutdown. Car never had a problem again.

I'm not saying you don't have a problem, but I got those error messages when I parked on my lawn last year during some construction at my house. They all went away after getting onto a level surface and rebooting.

However, it's a PITA to drive this car without this stuff. The loss of regen alone makes the car feel like a guided missle with no brakes. Very dangerous if you're not expecting it or used to it. If it were me, I'd call Tesla Roadside assistance and say that you're really afraid to drive your car because it's not responding. Don't wait until February, and you shouldn't have to wait until February.

Another alternative - just drive to the service center. I know it's an hour away, but squeaky wheel and all.

+1 to the call roadside assistance, but AFTER you try a full shutdown as mentioned. Do the shutdown, and let the car sit (dont touch it, DONT open the app, nothing) for at least 30 minutes, ensure you dont have any application that could keep the car awake with the wrong settings (stats, teslafi etc etc etc) running.

Then, try it, after its been sitting asleep for at least 30 minutes.

I carried out the full shut down as described from inside the car, put my phone into airplane mode and waited for half an hour (read a book) didn't even leave the car or lock it. Seemed to fix it for a short period but it didn't last long.

That afternoon I was slowly approaching some traffic lights when I felt a very slight movement under my right foot as if the accelerator had moved a fraction then as I stopped all the alarms started bonging again. Went to pull away and nothing happened. Not a pleasant experience, it felt like forever but it was probably only a few seconds until I realised I just needed to touch the brake pedal and I could pull away.

Also had some more problematic experiences yesterday and today. There seems to be some form of power assisted steering failure or “reduction”. The wheel was incredibly hard to turn and I mean incredibly hard, there would be no way my wife could have driven it. Cleared itself after a short while but it doesn't fill me with confidence in the car.

Unfortunately I'm very busy at the moment and don't really have time for a lot of messing about waiting for someone at the road side for however long or spending a morning driving to London and back and trying to speak to someone who is trying to repair someone else’s car. It might come to that but will have to wait until the New Year.

Has anyone had experience with roadside assist and how it works? Will they pick up a car from your house? Does it cost anything? Does it end up in a Tesla approved repair shop where they will actually fix it? How long can I expect to wait? Ok slightly unfair, but assuming it’s a sensor or computer malfunction and not a major hardware fault...