Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiquote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
It has come to my attention that @4SUPER9 cannot utilize the multiquote feature. When quotes are added, the "Insert Quotes" button doesn't appear for them. I am unsure if this is spread more widely, which is why I'm posting this thread publicly.

@doug, do you have any insight into why this button might not appear? @4SUPER9 has indicated that TMC is whitelisted in any content blocker they run on their browser.

One thing I just learned is that you can only add one quote per quoted message, using this feature. Trying to add another quote for a message where you already have a quote saved removes the existing quote (leaving you with no quote). Other than this, multiquoting seems to work as expected for me, although I don't use this a lot personally. Firefox 85.0 on macOS 10.15.7.

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce, maybe you are onto something. Maybe I have something saved there. I used to be able to click to add a quote, then click again to remove it. I can't seem to do that either. Something is messed up on my settings. I don't think it is my browser or OS, as it is the same on several devices.

It has come to my attention that @4SUPER9 cannot utilize the multiquote feature. When quotes are added, the "Insert Quotes" button doesn't appear for them. I am unsure if this is spread more widely, which is why I'm posting this thread publicly.

@doug, do you have any insight into why this button might not appear? @4SUPER9 has indicated that TMC is whitelisted in any content blocker they run on their browser.

One thing I just learned is that you can only add one quote per quoted message, using this feature. Trying to add another quote for a message where you already have a quote saved removes the existing quote (leaving you with no quote). Other than this, multiquoting seems to work as expected for me, although I don't use this a lot personally. Firefox 85.0 on macOS 10.15.7.

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce, maybe you are onto something. Maybe I have something saved there. I used to be able to click to add a quote, then click again to remove it. I can't seem to do that either. Something is messed up on my settings. I don't think it is my browser or OS, as it is the same on several devices.

Hmm... this is a feature I never use. I'll poke around tonight to see if I can see any issue.

@4SUPER9 Some screen shots illustrating the problem will help with the troubleshooting.

Here is a screen shot. You can see that I checked the "+QUOTE" button on the two posts above, changing the to red "-Quote" but I am missing the button that should appear on the far left, stating "Insert Quotes" immediately under where I would write my reply. Interestingly enough, if I try to remove the quote by hitting the red "-QUOTE" link, nothing happens. It stays red and as -QUOTE.
There is a stupid easy fix for this somewhere...

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.16.56 AM.jpg